If you’re looking for a beautiful and serene place to escape the hustle and bustle of city life, look no further than the Abha Airport Park. This lovely park is perfect for picnicking, walking, playground time, and more. Plus, it’s conveniently located near the airport and downtown Abha. Read on to learn more about this hidden gem.
A beautiful oasis in the heart of Abha
The Abha Airport Park is the perfect place to unwind and escape the busyness of city life. The park offers a tranquil environment with plenty of activities to enjoy. Take a stroll along the walking trail, have a picnic in the designated area, or let the kids loose on the playground. You can even take a moment to relax by the pond and watch the ducks and geese swim by.
The perfect place to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of the city
The Abha Airport Park is the perfect place to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of the city. The park has a playground, picnic areas, and a walking trail, making it a great place to spend a day with family or friends. The park is open from sunrise to sunset, making it easily accessible for everyone.
The playground is a great place for children to expend some energy, while the picnic areas are perfect for enjoying a packed lunch or snack. The pond is a lovely spot to relax and watch the ducks, geese, and fish swimming about.
The Abha Airport Park is well-maintained and provides a much-needed green space in the city. It is a great place to take a break from sightseeing or shopping and just enjoy some time outdoors.
Features of the park
The following are the sections of the airport park Abha, which are as follows:
- The airport park is located on an area of more than 125.000 square meters, of which more than 42,000 square meters have been allocated as green areas,
- In addition to a children’s play area on an area of 750 square meters and a water fountain in the middle of the park in a courtyard of more than 5,000 square meters,
- There are also a large number of pedestrian walkways and parachute sessions.
- In addition to the presence of a waterway with a length of up to 260 meters, on which three wooden bridges are distributed taking into account the aesthetic aspect,
- The project is equipped with all facilities and services, which include a mosque on an area of more than 380 square meters,
- Park 2 cafeterias to serve juices, hot drinks and snacks to park visitors
- There is parking for more than 560 cars, and toilet complexes.
How to get to the park
Assuming you are starting from the city center:
From the Abha city center, travel north on Airport Road. After about 1.3 kilometers, take a slight left to stay on Airport Road. In another 600 meters, the park will be on your right.
If coming from the airport, follow these directions:
As you exit the airport parking lot, turn right onto Airport Road. In about 500 meters, the park will be on your left.
If using public transportation, take bus #14 from the city center and get off at the stop for Al Andalus Mall. From there, it is a 5-minute walk to reach the park.
The Abha Airport Park is open daily from 8:00am to 8:00pm and has plenty of parking available.
- Address: 6JRV+Q88, Abha 62437, Saudi Arabia
- You can access it via Google Maps via this link from here.
The Abha Airport Park is open from 8:00am to 8:00pm, with the last entry being at 7:30pm. The park is closed on Tuesdays.
Airport Park Entrance Fees
The regular entry price is 50 riyals per person, stressing that this price is unified for three years and does not include all the games in the park.
Parking is at 5 SAR