The ABQ Tram is a popular attraction in Albuquerque, New Mexico, offering stunning views of the Sandia Mountains and the surrounding area. To make the most of your visit, it’s important to purchase your tickets beforehand to avoid long lines and ensure availability.
II. Types of ABQ Tram Tickets
- Regular tickets: These tickets are for adults ages 18-61 and cost $25 per person. They are valid for one round-trip ride on the tram.
- Senior and military tickets: These tickets are for visitors ages 62+ or with a valid military ID and cost $22 per person. They are also valid for one round-trip ride on the tram.
- Children’s tickets: These tickets are for children ages 5-17 and cost $15 per person. They are valid for one round-trip ride on the tram.
- Annual passes: Annual passes are available for frequent visitors and start at $50 per person. They provide unlimited rides on the tram for one year from the date of purchase.
III. Where to Purchase ABQ Tram Tickets
- Online: Tickets can purchased online through the ABQ Tram website. You can choose your preferred date and time of visit and print your tickets at home.
- In-person at the ticket office: Tickets can purchased in-person at the ticket office located at the base of the tram. This option is best for visitors who have not purchased tickets beforehand and prefer a paper ticket.
- At various retailers and hotels in Albuquerque: Tickets can also purchased at select retailers and hotels in Albuquerque. This option is best for visitors who prefer to purchase tickets in advance but do not want to print them at home.
IV. Prices of ABQ Tram Tickets
- Regular tickets: $25 per person
- Senior and military tickets: $22 per person
- Children’s tickets: $15 per person
- Annual passes: Starting at $50 per person
V. Discounts and Deals for ABQ Tram Tickets
- Group discounts: Groups of 20 or more can receive discounted rates on tickets.
- Combination tickets with other Albuquerque attractions: Visitors can purchase combination tickets for the ABQ Tram and other Albuquerque attractions, such as the Albuquerque Museum and the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science.
- Discounted tickets for New Mexico residents: New Mexico residents can receive a discount on regular tickets with a valid ID.
- Free admission for children under 5: Children under 5 ride the tram for free.
VI. Tips for Using ABQ Tram Tickets
- Plan ahead for busy times: The ABQ Tram can get busy during peak travel times, so it’s recommended to purchase tickets in advance and arrive early to avoid long lines.
- Check for closures or maintenance before purchasing tickets: The tram may close for maintenance or inclement weather, so be sure to check the ABQ Tram website before purchasing tickets.
- Keep tickets safe and secure: Be sure to keep your tickets in a safe and secure place, as lost or stolen tickets cannot replaced.
- Take advantage of the “Magic Hour”: Visitors can purchase discounted tickets for the last hour of operations, known as the “Magic Hour.” These tickets are only available in-person at the ticket office and are $15 for adults and $10 for children.
- Bring a camera: The views from the tram are breathtaking, so be sure to bring a camera to capture the scenery.
Visiting the ABQ Tram is a unique and memorable experience in Albuquerque, and by purchasing tickets beforehand and taking advantage of discounts and deals, you can make the most of your visit.