Durrat Al Bahrain, one of the most important projects that puts Bahrain on the world map, is located 40 kilometers south of the capital Manama, a group of 15 industrial islands with a total development cost of about $7 billion and a total area of about 21 square kilometers, making it the second largest artificial island in Bahrain.
Of all the countries in the region, the Kingdom of Bahrain has shown a special interest in the development of these communities, particularly artificial islands, due to the kingdom’s geographical nature as an island with a small area (less than 1,000 square kilometers). These projects have emerged largely because of the services and facilities they are provided with, which have attracted many major real estate and tourism investments. Durrat Bahrain is one of the most important of these projects.
Location and space of Durrat Al Bahrain
Located 40 km south of the Bahraini capital Manama, Durrat Bahrain is a group of 15 industrial islands with a total development cost of about $7 billion and a total area of about 21 square kilometres, making it the second largest artificial island in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Reclaimed land from water is designed to give an attractive and distinctive shape when viewed from above. Six of these islands are coral islands, five are fish-shaped, one is called turquoise islands, one is crescent-shaped, while the last three are marinas built in Dora Bahrain.
The islands are planned to have a capacity of about 60,000 citizens and 5,000 visitors per day when the project is completed. The Dora Islands of Bahrain are connected to the main island of Bahrain by two land bridges.
The most important features of the Durrat Bahrain project:
- Durrat Bahrain island consists of 15 artificial islands, with a total construction cost of about $7 billion.
- Its total area is about 21 square kilometres.
- Located 40 km from the Bahraini capital, the island is bahrain’s second largest island after the Amwaj Islands.
- Created by reclaiming land from water, it is designed in such a way that it is viewed from above attractive and charming.
- It also comprises six coral islands, as well as five other fish-shaped islands.
- Called the Turquoise Islands, one island is designed in the form of a crescent.
- The last three islands consist of marinas built within the Bahrain Dora.
- Designed with a capacity plan of up to 60,000 citizens, the capacity of visitors is sufficient for about 5,000 visitors per day
- Dora Bahrain Island and the main island of Bahrain itself have been connected by two land bridges.
Al Hilal Island is the commercial center of the Durrat Bahrain project, and Al Hilal Island has more than 600 housing units and administrative offices overlooking a large square with many famous restaurants and cafés. In addition, Crescent Island will have open beaches along its coastline as well as a number of vital and important facilities such as health care centers and schools. Al Hilal Island is connected to the island of The Dora Hotel Bahrain, which has 6,000 luxurious hotel rooms and suites and its own beach.
Marina Dora Bahrain:
- The marina is built on the remaining three islands of Dora Bahrain Island, with an area of about 700,000 square meters.
- Durra Gulf of Bahrain, one of the largest real estate developers, and one of its pioneers in the entire Arabian Gulf, participated in this Marina Bahrain project.
- Marina Dora Bahrain is one of the first unique projects in the Middle East.
- The marina was built to accommodate nearly 400 yachts and boats, and a boat maintenance centre was established.
- In addition, a yacht club has been established, and a large number of townhouse units have been established.
- It has a waterfront, and many facilities and shops have been set up to serve marina visitors.
- One of the most important features of Durrat Bahrain island is the establishment of a golf course.
- With 18 holes, this stadium is designed with a total area of 90 hectares.
- This course is designed right in front of the marina, in addition to the establishment of a golf club, and a five-star hotel has been established.
- With nearly 200 hotel rooms and suites, it is designed with state-of-the-art designs.
- In addition, it has the most beautiful apartments in Durrat Bahrain, with more than 2,000 apartments and the finest high-end villas.