Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park (GWK) Bali Indonesia – Talking about tourist attractions in Bali, surely you have heard about tourist attractions that have the name GWK, right?
It seems impossible if you don’t know about the tourist attraction, considering that the place is already very famous and even the name has gone global.
Yep, GWK, which stands for Garuda Wisnu Kencana, is one of the many tourist attractions in Bali that are famous to foreign countries.
Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK) Bali
Garuda Wisnu Kencana Culture Park or often referred to as GWK Bali is one of the most famous tourist attractions in Bali.
Because of its popularity, almost every day GWK Bali is visited by many local and foreign tourists.
As a Culture Park or Cultural Park, Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK) has a variety of interesting attractions, ranging from watching Ramayana Dance, cultural teather entertainment from morning to evening, enjoying the beauty of the sunset, and of course the splendor of the Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue.
Many tourists who visit the island of Bali say that Garuda Wisnu Kencana is one of the best tourist attractions in Bali that must be visited.
History of Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK) Bali
The construction of GWK tourist attractions in Bali was initiated by the Garuda Wisnu Kencana Foundation in 1992.
The construction of Garuda Wisnu Kencana Bali aims to make GWK Landmark tourist attractions from famous cultural tourist attractions to foreign countries.
One of the founders of the Garuda Wisnu Kencana Foundation is I Nyoman Nuarta who is also the conceptor and architect of the Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue.
To get a suitable location for a great masterpiece like Garuda Wisnu Kencana is not an easy matter.
Garuda Wisnu Kencana Foundation after completing the concept of the project, it took two years to get the right location for the placement of the Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue.
Before the construction project of Garuda Wisnu Kencana Bali, the location located on Ungasan hill, was used as a limestone mining site.
Yayasan Garuda Wisnu Kencana appointed I Nyoman Nuarta as the main sculptor of the GWK Bali project.
Because I Nyoman Nuarta is one of Indonesia’s best modern sculptors.
In 2013, the ownership management of Garuda Wisnu Kencana Bali was taken over by PT Alam Sutera Realty Indonesia, one of the property development companies in Indonesia.
With the passage of time, GWK Bali tourist attractions developed into a place for cultural exhibitions, events and entertainment attractions.
As well as being an information and communication forum for local culture, national culture, and even international culture.
Attractions of Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK) Bali
The main attraction of vacationing to Garuda Wisnu Kencana Culture Park is to see the Garuda Wisnu statue firsthand.
The statue was built and carved by a famous engraver and sculptor named I Nyoman Nuarta.
The Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue has an initial plan to be built with a height of 121 meters and a width of 60 meters.
But until now, the height of the statue has only reached 20 meters and the construction of the Garuda Vishnu Statue has not been completed until now.
With the initial plan to build the Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue, with the aim of making GWK Bali a famous tourist attraction in Bali, which offers one of the largest works of sculpture and the most amazing works of art.
Of course, with artworks that prioritize and reflect the values of local Balinese culture.
In addition to enjoying the splendor of the Garuda Wisnu statue, at the GWK Bali tourist attractions, visitors can also enjoy a variety of local cultural entertainment events from morning to evening.
It doesn’t stop there, when it’s late in the afternoon, at GWK Bali, visitors can watch the exotic sunset. So you can enjoy local Balinese art while accompanied by the beautiful sunset.
GWK Bali, the name of Garuda Wisnu Kencana Culture Park, now offers a variety of ideal and adequate supporting facilities for various public events, private events both large and small scale.
In addition, various supporting facilities so that visitors feel at home have been built such as;
- Vishnu Plaza
- Lotus Pond
- Exhibition Hall
- Street Theater
- Indraloka Garden
- Turtle Plaza
- The New Home Restaurant
- Bali Window Restaurant
- Boutique and Souvenir Shop
GWK Bali Tourist Attractions Event Schedule
- 10.00 – 10.40 : Barong Dance & Keris (Amphitheater)
- 11.00 – 11.50 : Balinese Dance Performance (Amphitheater)
- 11.00 – 15.00 : Rindik Instrument (Bali Window)
- 12.10 – 12.50 : Balinese Dance Performance (Amphitheater)
- 13.10 – 13.50 : Ballet Garuda Vishnu (Amphitheater)
- 14.00 – 14.40 : Balinese Dance Performance Barong, Kera, Rangda (Amphitheater)
- 15.00 – 15.40 : Balinese Dance Performance (Amphitheater)
- 16.10 – 17.20 : Balinese Cultural Parade (Street Theater, Plaza Wisnu, Lotus Pond)
- 17.30 – 18.30 : Joged Bumbung Dance (Street Theater)
- 18.00 – 18.20 : Kecak Dancer Parade (Street Theater, Plaza Vishnu, Lotus Pond)
- 6.30pm – 7.15pm : Amphitheater
- 19.00 – 21.00 : Acoustic Music Performance by Trio Acoustic (The New Beranda/Jendela Bali Restaurant)
Balinese Cultural Parade, Joged Bumbung Dance and Kecak Dance Parade, depending on the weather.
All of the above shows are included in the entrance ticket price of GWK Bali.
Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK) Bali Entrance Ticket Price
To be able to enter the Garuda Wisnu Kencana tourist area, visitors will be charged an entrance fee of,
- Adult: IDR 85,000/person
- Child² / Elderly: IDR 85,000 /child
Entrance Ticket Price Description
- Children under the age of 5 years, and children with a maximum height of 110 cm, are free of charge.
- Children with a height above 110 cm even if they are under 5 years old, will still be charged a child entrance fee.
- The price of the entrance ticket above is subject to change at any time in accordance with the policies of the relevant tour manager.
One of the tourist attractions that provides kecak dance performances in Bali every day is the Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK) Bali tourist attraction.
The schedule of GWK Bali kecak dance performance starts from 18.30-19.15 WITA. To watch kecak dance at GWK Bali, you will not be charged or free, you only need to pay for the garuda wisnu kencana entrance ticket.
Address & Location Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK) Bali
- Uluwatu Highway, Ungasan Village, South Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali 80364
- 19 Km from Denpasar city centre
- 11 Km from Ngurah Rai International Airport
- 8 Km from Pandawa Beach Bali
- 13 Km from Tanjung Benoa Beach
- 16 Km from Kuta Beach
- 20 Km from Sanur Beach