The Global Village in Dubai one of the most tourist attractions in Dubai, as the village is very popular among tourists,. We recommend that if you take a trip to Dubai. You should go there to have a good time, and we start with you. Our dear visitors, talking about the village and they know when the Global Village founded In Dubai, which dates back to 1997. And since its inception to this day, it attracts many travelers and tourists from all over the world every year.
Global Village Dubailand an international and very large-scale fair in the UAE, which held annually in the Dubailand amusement park in Dubai on an area of 1.6 million square meters. meters. During the period of the fair, it becomes the center of tourism, recreation, entertainment and shopping in the region. You can enter the territory of the exhibition complex through two main entrances: Gate of the World and Cultural Gate.
How to get to Global Village Dubai
You can get to Global village from Dubai Airport in one of the following ways:
- Metro/Taxi: Take the red line to First Gulf Bank and then take a taxi to Global Village. The journey will take you 50 minutes.
- Car: Rent a car or drive your car. The way from the airport to the village will be 28 km.
- Bus: Take the red line to get to Rashidiyah. Then take the subway to get to the blue tower. Finally, take a taxi to get to the village.
The following RTA city buses run from public transport to the fairgrounds, which can take from several Dubai Metro stations:
- No. 102 from Rashideya Station;
- No. 103 from Union Metro Station;
- No. 104 from Al Ghubaiba Station;
- No. 106 from mall of the Emirates station.
The movement of these buses coordinated with the opening hours of the fair. There are flights from 15:15 to 23:15, the interval between them is 30 minutes. About buses in the opposite direction it is necessary to specify separately.
Detailed information about transport is available on the official website of Global Village.
For those who get to the event by car, parking is provided. The parking lot is round-the-clock and accommodates about 17,000 cars.
Global Village Timing
Global Village closed during the mid-spring and summer period, each year for six months, and by the end of summer or mid-autumn the Global Village reopened, and in the 26th season of the village it opens its doors to visitors during the period from October 26, 2021 until May 7, 2022, and lasts for six months of next year.
Season 27 October 2022 Till April 2023
Opening hours of Global Village
- Saturday to Wednesday from 4 pm to 12 am.
- Thursdays, Fridays and other public holidays from 4 pm to 1 am.
- Global Village also dedicates Tuesdays of each week to women and families, with the exception of public holidays.
Please note that on Mondays the fair can only visited by families and women.
Global Village Tickets
The price of the entrance ticket to the Global Village fair 20 AED. It is worth noting that women and men buy tickets at different ticket offices. For large families there are discounts of up to 45%.
Some categories of visitors entitled to free admission, among them:
- Children under 3 years old;
- Admission free for seniors over 65 years of age
- People with disabilities.
You can buy tickets online through the official global village mobile application or immediately before visiting – at any of the gates from 15:30. The sale of entrance tickets ends 1.5 hours before the end of the working day.
Global Village : Excursions and Tours
Pavilions of the Global Village
Global Village is an exhibition complex with many pavilions representing different countries. Each pavilion erected and decorated in a unique style that reflects the cultural characteristics and national color of a particular country. The range of goods sold in the pavilions is very wide and also depends on the country to which it belongs. Here you can find: cosmetics, souvenirs, clothes, leather and wood products, spices and much more.
All this huge variety of national products, dishes, products, souvenirs, creates the atmosphere of a truly “global fair”, which has collected goods from all over the world, a walk through which becomes something like an attraction or an excursion full of impressions.
It is also worth noting that in the evenings in some pavilions there are small concerts (free), the purpose of which is to acquaint with the national art of a particular country. The most popular performances are dance and musical numbers, acrobatic shows, performances in national costumes.
- Visit live shows and performances: You will be lucky to find there world-famous singers, originally from around the world, performing their famous hits. The fun will intensify many times over when this live performance will accompany the show with fantastic lights and quality sounds.
- Visit the popular monster stunt show, haunted house and more: get ready for adventure and thrills, because this place will charge you with adrenaline and energy. Live street performances are the main feature of this event, and you will be lucky enough to take part in competitions or shows.
- Visit Fantasy Island: Take your family and kids to Fantasy Island. This place is a bright addition to all the entertainment in the Global Village. Attractions in this park are enough to conquer any visitor. Toddlers will find enough entertainment for themselves.
- Fill your bags with amazing things: in a place where so many cultural, traditional and ethnic groups concentrated. It difficult not to find an interesting souvenir for yourself. Surprisingly, all countries bring their goods for sale. You can buy whatever you like and take with you as many souvenirs as you want.
- Enjoy the taste of several cuisines: in any pavilion you will find a local culinary dish, and you can taste the delicacies of this nation. You can try so many dishes from different countries participating in the event that your stomach may not be able to stand it!
- Enjoy the fireworks: there is a magnificent fireworks show twice a week. These fireworks will surprise you.
- Take a look at Emirati art: special programs such as the Live our Heritage Festival and many others invite you to live in Dubai’s traditional era. You’ll see traditional and contemporary art forms on display that reflect the history and culture of ancient Dubai.
Tips for visiting The Global Village
There are several important points to consider when visiting the Global Village:
- The Global Village is an international event that brings together families, children, youth and even the elderly. Dress should be more modest. Avoid short or sleeveless clothing.
- On the territory of the complex it is undesirable to publicly hug, kiss, roller skate, scooters, etc .;
Parents advised to keep their children safe. Children often lost here.
- In case of difficulties with finding a place on the territory of the complex, navigation signs and maps placed that can help you find what you need.
It is advisable that you carefully study all the activities that planned here and decide in advance which one you want to see in order to plan your trip.
If possible, go once on a Thursday or Friday when fireworks occur.
Inside the village there is food drinks, so you do not need to take them with you.
About Global Village
- In Global Village, it has some of the world’s famous sights designed with miniature models, such as the Eiffel Tower, the Statue of Liberty, the London Clock, the Burj Khalifa, the Acropolis, the Tower of Pisa, the Russian Palace, the Taj Mahal Mosque, and plenty of famous landmarks of more than 32 countries that you can see within the village.
- Inside the village there an exhibition that contains a lot of products such as, souvenirs, clothes and foodstuffs, where a lot of traders and sellers from all Arab, Gulf and foreign countries come to it with the presence of brands that not submerged but reliable, and the exhibition divided from the inside into units that include each unit vendor with its products.
- Dubai International Village has more than 23 restaurants and cafes and offers the most delicious Turkish, Chinese, Mexican and Gulf cuisines, with more than 140 kiosks within the streets of Global Village serving the most delicious food all over the world.
- Throughout the season from October to April, during this period more than 12,000 entertainment and cultural shows presented at Global Village, and these also include 23 world shows, every Friday night at nine o’clock in the evening.
- Dubai World Village established in 1997 at the beginning of its establishment in front of Dubai Municipality, after a while, it moved to the Oud Metha area, then it moved again in 2005, to Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road in Dubai, exit number 37, Dubai World Village located on an area of 1 million and 600 thousand square meters and hosts 6 million tourists annually.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best time of day to visit Global Village?
The Global Village is open from 4 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Saturdays and Wednesdays, and from 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Thursdays and Fridays. Monday dedicated only to families and women. The fireworks display takes place at 9 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays.
On a non-working day, come by 5-6 pm, and on weekends it is best to be here by 4:30 pm. The Global village opens on the first of November and remains open until the eighth of April. These days you can plan your visit.
What can I eat at Global Village?
Each Global Village has many delicacies prepared by chefs from all over the world. Among the interesting things you can try while visiting are Japanese ice cream, Japanese cheesecake, Lion cookies, Tayaki mogul, ice bun, peaceful treats, flower wool, ice cream rolls, Doh mini donuts, unicorn fluids and more.
In addition to specialities, there are restaurants located around the hotel. Some are local and some are international. Here you can have a snack in the spirit of one of the nationalities of the global village.
Is there a shopping area here?
Yes. Next to each national pavilion there are retail outlets. They sell local specialities and goods of national importance, from souvenirs to handicrafts of other goods
Can we book tickets for this seat in advance?
Yes. Tickets to the Global Village can book online. Book your tickets in advance to avoid long queues.
Is the Global Village a seasonal event?
Yes. The Global Village event in Dubai is seasonal. It takes place in some months from October to April, when it is quite cool here. In between, a national holiday held here. As a rule, this is December 2, as well as the New Year and many other holidays.