If you are looking for a hotel that combines comfort, convenience and charm, you might want to check out Hotel Grand Chancellor. This hotel chain operates in Australia and New Zealand, offering a variety of accommodation options for different needs and budgets. But what makes Hotel Grand Chancellor special is its history and its vision.
From Sugar Shaker to Landmark
Hotel Grand Chancellor started in 1976, when it opened its first hotel in Townsville, Queensland. The hotel was designed by architects James Birrell and Partners, and it had a unique shape that resembled a sugar shaker. It was the tallest building in Townsville at the time, and it became a symbol of the city and its cane-growing region.
Over the years, Hotel Grand Chancellor expanded to other locations in Australia and New Zealand, such as Adelaide, Brisbane, Hobart, Launceston, Melbourne, Auckland and Wellington. Some of the hotels were rebranded from other names, such as Hotel Townsville, Holiday Inn Adelaide and James Cook Hotel Wellington.
One of the most notable hotels in the chain was the Hotel Grand Chancellor Christchurch, which was the tallest building in Christchurch at 26 storeys. The hotel was severely damaged in the February 2011 Christchurch earthquake and was demolished by May 2012.
Quality Service and Comfort
Today, Hotel Grand Chancellor continues to provide quality service and comfort to its guests, with modern amenities and gracious hospitality. The hotel chain has a focus on sustainability and social responsibility, and it supports various causes and initiatives in the communities where it operates.
Hotel Grand Chancellor also has a loyalty program called GC Rewards, which offers discounts, points and exclusive promotions to its members. Guests can enjoy benefits such as 10% off online rates, free room upgrades, late check-out and more.
A Gateway to Rewarding Experiences
Hotel Grand Chancellor is more than just a hotel chain. It is a gateway to rewarding experiences for today’s discerning travellers. Whether you are travelling for business or leisure, you can find a Hotel Grand Chancellor that suits your needs and preferences. You can also discover the history and culture of the places where you stay, and enjoy the hospitality and service that Hotel Grand Chancellor is known for.
Here is more information about Hotel Grand Chancellor rooms categories and hotel facilities and prices:
Hotel Grand Chancellor offers different types of rooms to suit various needs and preferences of its guests. Rooms are styled with Tasmanian timbers, polished granite and contemporary furnishings, and have panoramic views of the harbor or the city. The rooms also have air conditioning, desk, private balcony, room service, minibar, flat-screen TV, bath/shower and hair dryer.
The rooms categories are:
- King Room – City Side: This room has a king bed and a view of the city. It can accommodate up to 2 adults. The price ranges from $151 to $264 per night.
- King Room with Harbor View: This room has a king bed and a view of the harbor. It can accommodate up to 2 adults. The price ranges from $171 to $284 per night.
- Twin Room – City Side: This room has two single beds and a view of the city. It can accommodate up to 2 adults. The price ranges from $151 to $264 per night.
- Twin Room with Harbor View: This room has two single beds and a view of the harbor. It can accommodate up to 2 adults. The price ranges from $171 to $284 per night.
- Executive King Room – City Side: This room has a king bed, a sofa bed and a view of the city. It can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. The price ranges from $191 to $304 per night.
- Executive King Room with Harbor View: This room has a king bed, a sofa bed and a view of the harbor. It can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. The price ranges from $211 to $324 per night.
- Deluxe Spa Suite – City Side: This room has a king bed, a spa bath and a view of the city. It can accommodate up to 2 adults. The price ranges from $231 to $344 per night.
- Deluxe Spa Suite with Harbor View: This room has a king bed, a spa bath and a view of the harbor. It can accommodate up to 2 adults. The price ranges from $251 to $364 per night.
Hotel Grand Chancellor provides various facilities for its guests to enjoy their stay and make the most of their trip. The hotel facilities include:
- Indoor swimming pool: Guests can swim in the heated indoor pool that has a skyline view of Mount Wellington.
- Fitness club: Guests can work out in the state-of-the-art fitness club that has cardio machines, weights and personal trainers.
- Restaurant Tasman: Guests can dine at the contemporary restaurant that overlooks the harbor and serves local produce and wines.
- The Atrium Bar: Guests can relax at the bar that offers high tea, cocktails and snacks in a stylish setting.
- Business center: Guests can access the business center that has computers, printers, fax and photocopy services.
- Conference facilities: Guests can host meetings and events in the hotel’s conference facilities that can accommodate up to 1100 people in various settings.
- Free WiFi: Guests can enjoy free WiFi throughout the hotel.
Hotel Grand Chancellor offers competitive prices for its rooms and services, depending on the season, availability and demand. The prices also vary depending on the location of the hotel, as each hotel has its own rates and offers.
For example, the Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart has prices ranging from $151 to $364 per night for its rooms categories.¹ The Hotel Grand Chancellor Melbourne has prices ranging from $151 to $233 per night for its rooms categories.² The Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide has prices ranging from $119 to $209 per night for its rooms categories.
Guests can also take advantage of special deals and promotions that Hotel Grand Chancellor offers from time to time, such as family packages, stay-in packages, park-and-stay packages, stay-and-save packages and more.
Guests can also join GC Rewards, the hotel’s loyalty program, to receive 10% off online rates, points to redeem on a range of items, and exclusive promotions.