Umrah is a voluntary pilgrimage that Muslims perform to express their devotion to Allah and seek His forgiveness and blessings. It involves visiting the holy city of Makkah in Saudi Arabia and performing certain rituals around the Kaaba, the sacred cube-shaped building that is the direction of prayer for Muslims. Umrah can done at any time of the year, unlike Hajj, which is obligatory and has a fixed time. Millions of Muslims from different countries and backgrounds travel to Makkah every year to perform Umrah and experience the spiritual benefits of this journey. However, the cost of Umrah varies depending on the country of origin, the type of package, and the time of travel. In this article, we will explore how much is the Umrah package from Mexico, one of the countries with a growing Muslim population.
Umrah Package from Mexico
Muslims living in Mexico who wish to perform Umrah have several options to choose from. There are various travel agencies and tour operators that offer Umrah packages from Mexico with different facilities and prices. The average cost of the Umrah package from Mexico is around $3,000, but it can range from $1,500 to $5,000 depending on the package’s features and duration. The Umrah packages from Mexico usually include the following elements:
The Umrah packages from Mexico usually include round-trip flight tickets from Mexico City, the capital and largest city of Mexico, to Jeddah or Medina, the two main airports in Saudi Arabia that serve Umrah pilgrims. The flight duration is about 16 hours, with one or two stopovers in other countries. The flight tickets usually booked in advance and are subject to availability and price changes.
The Umrah packages from Mexico usually include accommodation in Makkah and Medina, the two holy cities that Muslims visit during Umrah. The accommodation is usually in hotels that are close to the Haram, the sacred area that contains the Kaaba and the Masjid al-Haram (the Grand Mosque) in Makkah, and the Masjid al-Nabawi (the Prophet’s Mosque) in Medina. The hotels provide comfortable rooms, breakfast, and other services to the pilgrims. The quality and price of the hotels vary depending on the location, star rating, and facilities.
The Umrah packages from Mexico also include transportation from the airport to the hotel and back, as well as between Makkah and Medina. The transportation is usually by bus or private car, depending on the package and the number of pilgrims. The distance between Jeddah and Makkah is about 100 kilometers, and the distance between Makkah and Medina is about 450 kilometers. The transportation usually arranged by the travel agency or the tour operator and included in the package price.
The Umrah packages from Mexico include the visa fee for Saudi Arabia, which required for all foreigners who want to enter the country for Umrah. The visa fee is about $120 and is valid for 30 days. The visa application process usually done online through the official website of the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah. The pilgrims need to submit their passport, personal information, and a photo, and pay the fee online. The visa usually issued within a few days and sent to the pilgrim’s email.
The Umrah packages from Mexico also include guided tours to the historical and religious sites in Makkah and Medina. These tours called ziarat and usually conducted by experienced guides who explain the significance and history of the places. Some of the places that visited during ziarat are:
- The Kaaba, the black cube-shaped building that is the most sacred site in Islam and the direction of prayer for Muslims.
- The Masjid al-Haram, the Grand Mosque that surrounds the Kaaba and can accommodate up to two million worshippers.
- The Masjid al-Nabawi, the Prophet’s Mosque that contains the tomb of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his companions.
- The Mount Arafat, the mountain where Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) delivered his farewell sermon and where pilgrims stand in prayer on the day of Arafah during Hajj.
- The Mina, the valley where pilgrims stay in tents and perform the ritual of stoning the devil during Hajj.
- The Muzdalifah, the area where pilgrims collect pebbles for the stoning ritual and spend the night in prayer during Hajj.
- The Cave of Hira, the cave where Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) received his first revelation from Allah through the angel Gabriel.
- The Cave of Thawr, the cave where Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his companion Abu Bakr hid from their enemies during their migration to Medina.
- The Quba Mosque, the first mosque built by Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his companions after their arrival in Medina.
- The Masjid al-Qiblatayn, the mosque where Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) changed the direction of prayer from Jerusalem to Makkah.
- The Uhud Mountain, the site of the battle of Uhud between the Muslims and the pagans of Makkah.
Factors Affecting the Umrah Package Cost
The cost of the Umrah package from Mexico influenced by several factors that can increase or decrease the price. Some of the factors that affect the cost are:
Time of Year
The time of year that the pilgrim chooses to perform Umrah can have a significant impact on the package’s cost. The Umrah packages are usually cheaper during the off-season, which is from September to February, and more expensive during the peak season, which is from March to August. The peak season coincides with the school holidays, the summer season, and the Ramadan and Eid festivals, which attract more pilgrims to Makkah. The demand for flights, hotels, and transportation increases during the peak season, which raises the prices.
Duration of Stay
The duration of stay in Saudi Arabia also affects the package’s cost. The longer the stay, the higher the package cost. The Umrah packages from Mexico usually offer a stay of 10 to 15 days, which is enough to perform Umrah and visit the holy sites. However, some pilgrims may want to extend their stay to enjoy more time in Makkah and Medina, or to visit other cities in Saudi Arabia, such as Jeddah, Riyadh, or Taif. The extended stay will require additional flight, hotel, and transportation fees, which will increase the package cost.
Hotel Location and Facilities
The hotel’s location and facilities also contribute to the package’s cost. Hotels that are close to the Haram and provide easy access to the holy sites are more expensive than hotels that are farther away and require more transportation. Hotels that have more amenities, such as Wi-Fi, air conditioning, laundry, and room service, are also more expensive than hotels that have fewer amenities. The pilgrims can choose the hotel that suits their budget and preference, but they should also consider the convenience and comfort of their stay.
Type of Package
The Umrah packages from Mexico vary in facilities, duration, and quality. The more luxurious the package, the higher the cost. The Umrah packages from Mexico can be classified into three types:
- Economy Package: This is the cheapest package that offers the basic facilities and services for Umrah. The economy package usually includes economy class flight tickets, 3-star hotels, shared transportation, and group ziarat. The economy package is suitable for pilgrims who have a low budget and do not mind sharing rooms and buses with other pilgrims.
- Standard Package: This is the moderate package that offers better facilities and services for Umrah. The standard package usually includes business class flight tickets, 4-star hotels, private transportation, and individual ziarat. The standard package is suitable for pilgrims who have a medium budget and want more privacy and comfort during their stay.
- Deluxe Package: This is the most expensive package that offers the best facilities and services for Umrah. The deluxe package usually includes first class flight tickets, 5-star hotels, luxury transportation, and VIP ziarat. The deluxe package is suitable for pilgrims who have a high budget and want to enjoy the ultimate Umrah experience.
The Umrah package from Mexico is a great opportunity for Mexican Muslims to perform Umrah and visit the holy sites in Makkah and Medina. The cost of the Umrah package from Mexico varies depending on the package’s facilities, duration, and quality. The average cost of the Umrah package from Mexico is around $3,000, but it can range from $1,500 to $5,000. The Umrah packages from Mexico usually include flight tickets, accommodation, transportation, visa, and ziarat. Some factors affecting the cost are the time of year, duration of stay, hotel location and facilities, and the type of package. Mexican Muslims can choose an affordable Umrah package that meets their needs and budget.