Fort Myers, Florida is known for its stunning beaches, crystal clear waters, and abundant wildlife. One of the best ways to experience the beauty of the area is by renting a boat and exploring the waterways. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at what you need to know to rent a boat in Fort Myers and make the most of your time on the water.
Why Rent a Boat in Fort Myers?
There are many reasons why renting a boat in Fort Myers is a great idea. Here are just a few:
- Experience the beauty of the area from a new perspective
- Enjoy a fun and exciting activity with family and friends
- Get up close to the area’s abundant wildlife, including dolphins, manatees, and birds
- Explore the hidden coves and islands that can only be accessed by boat
- Create unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime
How to Rent a Boat in Fort Myers
Renting a boat in Fort Myers is a straightforward process. Here’s what you need to know:
Choose a Rental Company
There are several rental companies in Fort Myers that offer boat rentals, so it’s important to do your research and choose a reputable company. Look for a company that has a good reputation, offers a variety of boat sizes and styles, and provides excellent customer service. Some popular boat rental companies in Fort Myers include:
- Bay Water Boat Rentals: This company offers a variety of boats, from pontoons to center consoles, and has been serving the area for over 15 years.
- Mid Island Water Sports: This company offers a variety of boats, jet skis, and other water sports equipment, with two locations in Fort Myers Beach and Estero Island.
- Salty Sam’s Waterfront Adventures: This company offers a variety of boats, including pontoon boats, center consoles, and jet skis, as well as fishing charters and dolphin tours.
Decide on the Type of Boat You Want
When renting a boat in Fort Myers, you’ll have several options to choose from, including:
- Pontoon boats: These boats are perfect for families and groups and are ideal for cruising along the waterways.
- Center console boats: These versatile boats are great for fishing, diving, and exploring the local waterways.
- Jet skis: If you’re looking for a more exhilarating experience, renting a jet ski is a great option.
Check the Rental Requirements
Before you rent a boat, make sure you meet the rental requirements. These may include a valid driver’s license, a boating safety certificate, and a minimum age requirement.
Reserve Your Boat in Advance
Boat rentals in Fort Myers can be in high demand, especially during peak season. To ensure you get the boat you want, it’s recommended to reserve your boat in advance.
Boat Rental Prices
The cost of renting a boat in Fort Myers can vary depending on the type of boat you choose, the rental company, and the length of time you rent. Here are some estimated rental prices for popular boat types:
- Pontoon boats: $200-$500 per day
- Center console boats: $300-$800 per day
- Jet skis: $100-$200 per hour
Tips for Renting a Boat in Fort Myers
To make the most of your boating experience in Fort Myers, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Bring sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun.
- Pack plenty of water and snacks to stay hydrated and energized.
- Bring a waterproof camera to capture memories of your trip.
- Familiarize yourself with the local waterways and any rules or regulations before setting out.
- Consider hiring a guide or taking a boating safety course to enhance your boating experience.
Where to Go Boating in Fort Myers
Once you’ve rented your boat, it’s time to explore the waterways of Fort Myers. Here are some of the best places to go boating in the area:
Estero Bay is a protected area that’s home to an abundance of wildlife, including dolphins, manatees, and birds. The bay is also home to several islands that can only be accessed by boat, making it the perfect place to explore by water.
Sanibel Island is a popular destination for boaters, with several marinas and boat ramps located on the island. The island is home to several secluded beaches that can only be accessed by boat, as well as some excellent fishing spots.
Pine Island Sound
Pine Island Sound is a large body of water that’s home to several islands, including Cayo Costa and North Captiva. The sound is also home to several excellent fishing spots, making it a popular destination for anglers.
The Caloosahatchee River is a large river that runs through Fort Myers and into the Gulf of Mexico. Boating onthe river provides stunning views of the surrounding area, including several waterfront homes and parks.
Renting a boat in Fort Myers is an excellent way to explore the area and create unforgettable memories. By choosing a reputable rental company, selecting the right boat for your needs, and taking the necessary safety precautions, you can enjoy a fun and safe boating experience in this beautiful part of Florida. Whether you’re looking to explore the hidden coves and islands or get up close to the area’s abundant wildlife, renting a boat in Fort Myers is an experience you won’t want to miss.
It’s also worth noting that some rental companies may offer additional services and packages, such as fishing gear rentals or guided tours. These can add to the overall cost but can also enhance your boating experience and provide valuable knowledge about the area.
When it comes to pricing, it’s important to note that the prices mentioned above are estimates and can vary based on factors such as the season and availability. It’s always a good idea to compare prices and packages from different rental companies to find the best deal.
In summary, if you’re looking for a unique and exciting way to explore Fort Myers and its waterways, renting a boat is a great option. With the right rental company, boat type, and safety precautions, you can have a memorable and enjoyable experience that will leave you wanting to come back for more.