Jupiter, Florida is a beautiful coastal town located on the Atlantic coast. Known for its pristine beaches, turquoise waters, and abundant wildlife, there’s no better way to explore this picturesque town than by boat. In this article, we’ll explore why renting a boat in Jupiter is a great idea, how to rent a boat, and the best places to explore along the Intracoastal Waterway.
Why Rent a Boat in Jupiter?
Jupiter is surrounded by water, with the Intracoastal Waterway running through the town. Renting a boat is a great way to explore the waterways and get up close and personal with the local wildlife. You can see manatees, dolphins, sea turtles, and even catch a glimpse of a bald eagle soaring overhead. Renting a boat also gives you the freedom to explore at your own pace and see parts of Jupiter that are only accessible by water.
How to Rent a Boat in Jupiter
Renting a boat in Jupiter is easy and there are several rental companies to choose from. Most rental companies offer a variety of boats, from pontoon boats to center consoles, and even kayaks and paddleboards. You can rent a boat for a full day, half-day, or even just a few hours. Rental prices vary depending on the type of boat and rental duration.
Boat Rental Prices in Jupiter
Boat rental prices in Jupiter vary depending on the type of boat, rental duration, and rental company. Here’s a breakdown of average boat rental prices in Jupiter, FL:
- Pontoon boats: Pontoon boats are perfect for cruising the Intracoastal Waterway and typically cost between $300 to $500 for a full day rental, depending on the size of the boat.
- Center console boats: Center console boats are ideal for fishing and exploring the open water. These boats typically cost between $400 to $600 for a full day rental, depending on the size of the boat.
- Kayaks and paddleboards: Kayaks and paddleboards are perfect for exploring the quieter areas of the Intracoastal Waterway and typically cost between $25 to $50 per hour.
- Jet skis: Jet skis are a popular option for those looking for a more adventurous experience on the water. Jet ski rentals typically cost between $100 to $150 per hour.
It’s important to note that prices may vary depending on the rental company and season. Some rental companies may offer discounts for multi-day rentals or off-season rentals.
To rent a boat, you’ll need a valid driver’s license and a credit card for the rental deposit. Most rental companies also offer safety instructions and a brief tutorial on how to operate the boat.
Safety Tips for Renting a Boat
Before hitting the water, it’s important to follow some safety tips to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip:
- Always wear a life jacket while on the boat
- Familiarize yourself with the boat’s safety equipment, including life jackets, fire extinguishers, and flares
- Check the weather forecast before heading out and avoid going out in inclement weather
- Follow all boating rules and regulations
- Stay alert and aware of your surroundings, including other boats and wildlife
Best Places to Explore Along the Intracoastal Waterway
Now that you’ve rented a boat and familiarized yourself with safety precautions, it’s time to explore Jupiter’s Intracoastal Waterway. Here are some of the best places to explore:
Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse
One of Jupiter’s most iconic landmarks, the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse is a must-see. You can view the lighthouse from the water, and even dock your boat and take a tour of the lighthouse and museum.
Peanut Island is a popular spot for boaters and beachgoers alike. The island features a beautiful beach, picnic areas, and even a historic bunker that was built during the Cold War.
Jonathan Dickinson State Park
Jonathan Dickinson State Park is a natural oasis that features hiking trails, camping, and even a river tour. You can dock your boat at the park and explore the hiking trails or take a guided river tour.
Blowing Rocks Preserve
Blowing Rocks Preserve is a beautiful nature preserve that features bluffs, a beach, and unique rock formations. You can view the preserve from the water, and even go snorkeling or scuba diving to explore the underwater world.
The Tequesta Sandbar is a popular spot for boaters to anchor and relax. The sandbar is a shallow area where you can anchor your boat and wade in the water.
Renting a boat in Jupiter is a great way to explore the town’s waterways and get up close and personal with the local wildlife. With several rental companies to choose from, it’s easy to find the perfect boat for your adventure. While boat rental prices in Jupiter can vary, there are options available for every budget. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing day on the water or an adventurous excursion, renting a boat in Jupiter is a great way to experience this beautiful coastal town. Just make sure to follow safety precautions and explore some of Jupiter’s must-see spots, including the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse, Peanut Island, Jonathan Dickinson State Park, Blowing Rocks Preserve, and the Tequesta Sandbar.