Rhode Island is known as the Ocean State, and for good reason. With over 400 miles of coastline, it’s no surprise that boating is a popular activity in the state. Whether you’re a local or a tourist, renting a boat in Rhode Island is a fantastic way to explore the state’s waterways. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at renting a boat in Rhode Island, the types of boats available, and some of the best companies for boat rentals.
Renting a Boat in Rhode Island
Renting a boat in Rhode Island is a popular activity for locals and tourists alike. There are several companies that offer boat rentals, ranging from small motorboats to luxurious yachts. The cost of renting a boat in Rhode Island varies depending on the type of boat and the rental period. On average, you can expect to pay between $200 and $1,500 per day for a boat rental. The rental fee usually includes the use of the boat, life jackets, and a map of the waterways. Some rental companies may also offer additional services, such as a captain or a private tour.
Types of Boats Available for Rent
There are several types of boats available for rent in Rhode Island, each with its own unique features and benefits. Here are some of the most popular options:
- Motorboats: Motorboats are a great option for those who want to explore the waterways at their own pace. These boats are easy to operate and can accommodate up to 8 people.
- Sailboats: Sailboats are a popular option for those who want to enjoy a more leisurely experience on the water. These boats come in a range of sizes and can accommodate up to 12 people.
- Catamarans: Catamarans are a spacious and stable option for larger groups. These boats can accommodate up to 16 people and are perfect for day trips or overnight stays.
- Yachts: Yachts are a luxurious option for those who want to enjoy the waterways in style. These boats come equipped with a range of amenities, including a kitchen, bathroom, and sleeping quarters.
Best Companies for Boat Rentals in Rhode Island
There are several companies in Rhode Island that offer boat rentals, each with its own unique features and benefits. Here are some of the best companies to consider:
- Boat Rentals of America: Boat Rentals of America offers a variety of boats for rent, including motorboats, sailboats, and catamarans. The company also offers private tours and fishing trips.
- Prices: Motorboats start at $200 per day, sailboats start at $500 per day, and catamarans start at $800 per day.
- Ocean House Marina: Ocean House Marina offers a range of boats for rent, from small motorboats to luxury yachts. The company specializes in yacht rentals and offers a variety of services, including boat training and maintenance.
- Prices: Motorboats start at $250 per day, yachts start at $1,500 per day.
- East Passage Boatwrights: East Passage Boatwrights offers a selection of boats for rent, ranging from small motorboats to sailboats. The company specializes in sailboat rentals and offers a variety of services, including sailboat training and maintenance.
- Prices: Motorboats start at $200 per day, sailboats start at $500 per day.
How to Rent a Boat in Rhode Island
Renting a boat in Rhode Island is easy and can be done online or in person. Here are the steps to follow:
- Choose a rental company: Choose a rental company that offers the type of boat you want to rent.
- Select a date and time: Select the date and time you want to rent the boat.
- Choose the boat: Choose the type of boat you want to rent, and select any additional services you require, such as a captain or a private tour.
- Provide your information: Provide your contact information and payment details.
- Confirm your booking: Confirm your booking and receive your rental confirmation.
Safety Tips for Renting a Boat in Rhode Island
Renting a boat in Rhode Island is a fun and exciting activity, but it’s important to keep safety in mind. Here are some safety tips to follow:
- Wear a life jacket: Always wear a life jacket when on the boat, even if you know how to swim.
- Follow boating regulations: Follow the boating regulations set by the rental company and local authorities.
- Check the weather: Check the weather forecast before heading out on the water and avoid boating in bad weather conditions.
- Don’t drink alcohol: Do not drink alcohol while operating the boat or while onboard. Alcohol consumption can impair judgment and reaction time, putting everyone onboard at risk.
- Know the boat’s features: Before departing, familiarize yourself with the boat’s features, such as the location of safety equipment, navigation equipment, andemergency procedures.
- Stay alert: Keep a lookout for other boats, objects in the water, and changing weather conditions.
- Have a communication plan: Have a plan in place for communication with other boats and emergency services if needed.
By following these safety tips, you can ensure a safe and enjoyable boating experience in Rhode Island.
Renting a boat in Rhode Island is a great way to explore the state’s beautiful waterways and enjoy the stunning coastal scenery. With several companies offering a variety of boats for rent, you can easily find the perfect option for your needs and budget. Just remember to follow safety guidelines, stay alert, and have fun on the water!