Overlooking the lagoon. Venice Marco Polo Airport in Tessera is one of only two airports in Venice and the third most important in Italy. Millions of passengers from domestic and intercontinental flights of major airlines land here.
The airport is about 13 km from Piazzale Roma in Venice.
Made in a modern design, Marco Polo Airport in Venice is a kind of small town. On the first two floors of the building there are shops and boutiques of famous brands. Including duty-free in the departure area, pharmacies, tobaccos, tourist office, currency exchange and ATMs, restaurants, bars, tax-free tax refund point. The arrivals area is on the first floor, and the departure area is on the second floor.
On the third floor there are offices of leading airlines, including Aeroflot. By the way, if you need to urgently buy a ticket for the Venice-Moscow flight. The Aeroflot ticket office is open directly opposite the check-in counters on the second floor.
On the website of Venice Marco Polo Airport there is an online scoreboard to check the status of the flight!
Below we will help you quickly find all the most important information. For the organization of your departure or arrival at the airport.
How to get from San Marco Airport to Venice?
To get from the airport to Venice there are 2 ways: by water and by land. For both options you can choose public transport or transfer by private taxi.
- transfer by water: water taxis depart from the airport (cost from 120 € – 30 minutes). Steamships of Alilaguna company (15 € including luggage – minimum 1 hour).
- transfer by land: in front of the exit on the ground floor there are taxis. (Cost from 40 €, travel time 20 minutes); public transport buses of ACTV No. 5 (tariff 8 € – minimum 30 minutes). EXPRESS buses of ATVO with luggage compartment (tariff 8 € – 20 minutes without stops and transfers), tickets can be bought at the box office or online, then you will not need to stand at the ticket office with luggage (long queues are possible). Bus stops are just a few steps from the main entrance on the ground floor.
It will not be superfluous to remind you that all the vehicles that we have just offered you necessarily stop at Piazzale Roma. From there, to get to the hotel in the historic center or St. Mark’s Square you will have to continue your journey by water tram (vaporetto). ) or by private water taxi. This transfer may seem a bit awkward to you, but it’s actually the preferred option of most Venetians, as it remains the fastest way to get from the airport to home!
If your final destination is Mestre, keep in mind:
- ATVO has a special express bus to Mestre (makes 2 stops on Corso del Popolo and at the Venezia Mestre train station).
- CITY BUSES No. 15 and 45 of ACTV will take you to Mestre with all stops and you will have to carry your luggage into the cabin.
- taxi is suitable for the most ordinary (not water), as in all cities of the world.
- getting there by water will be impractical!