Santander is one of the leading banks in the UK, offering a range of products and services to personal and business customers. Whether you need to open an account, apply for a loan, report a lost card, or get help with a complaint, you can contact Santander customer service by phone, online, or in person.
How to contact Santander by phone
Santander has different phone numbers for different types of enquiries. Here are some of the most common ones:
- For general enquiries about current accounts, savings, credit cards, loans, mortgages, or insurance, you can call 0800 9 123 123 from a UK landline or mobile, or +44 1908 237 963 from abroad. Lines are open 7am to 11pm Monday to Saturday and 8am to 10pm on Sundays.
- For online banking support, you can call 0800 917 9170 from a UK landline or mobile, or +44 1908 238 013 from abroad. Lines are open 7am to 9pm Monday to Saturday and 8am to 9pm on Sundays.
- For fraud prevention or reporting suspicious activity on your account, you can call 0800 9 123 123 from a UK landline or mobile, or +44 1512 648 725 from abroad. Lines are open 24/7.
- For complaints or feedback, you can call 0800 171 2171 from a UK landline or mobile, or +44 1908 548 200 from abroad. Lines are open 8am to 7pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 1:30pm on Saturdays.
You can find more phone numbers for specific products and services on the Santander website.
How to contact Santander online
You can also contact Santander customer service online through various channels:
- You can use the online chat service on the Santander website to speak to an adviser. The chat service is available from 7am to 11pm Monday to Saturday and from 9am to 9pm on Sundays.
- You can send a secure message through your online banking account. You will need to log in with your username and password and select “Messages” from the menu. You can expect a reply within two working days.
- You can fill out an online form on the Santander website with your details and enquiry. You will need to select the relevant category and subcategory for your enquiry and provide your name, email address, phone number, and account number (if applicable). You can also attach any documents that may help with your enquiry. You can expect a reply within five working days.
- You can email Santander at email@example.com. You should not include any personal or account information in your email for security reasons. You can expect a reply within five working days.
How to contact Santander in person
If you prefer to speak to someone face-to-face, you can visit your nearest Santander branch. You can use the branch locator tool on the Santander website to find your nearest branch and check its opening hours and services. And you may need to book an appointment in advance for some services, such as opening an account or applying for a mortgage.
You can also use the self-service machines in some branches to manage your account, such as checking your balance, making deposits or withdrawals, paying bills, or transferring money.
How to contact Santander International
If you are a customer of Santander International, which provides banking and savings accounts for expats and non-UK residents, you can contact them by phone, online, or by post.
- To contact them by phone, you can call 08000 84 28 88 from a UK landline or mobile, or +44 (0)1624 641888 from abroad. Lines are open from 9am to 5pm UK time Monday to Friday (except Wednesday when they open at 9:30am).
- To contact them online, you can use the secure messaging service through your online banking account. You will need to log in with your username and password and select “Messages” from the menu.
- To contact them by post, you can write to them at Santander International, PO Box 1234 Isle of Man Business Park Douglas Isle of
In addition to the customer service phone numbers and online support options mentioned above, here are some other important things to keep in mind when contacting Santander:
- Security: When contacting Santander, it’s important to keep your personal and account information secure. Never share your passwords or PINs with anyone, and be cautious of phishing scams or fraudulent emails or calls.
- Language support: Santander offers support in several languages, including English, Spanish, and Portuguese. If you prefer to speak to someone in a language other than English, you can request this when you call.
- Accessibility: Santander strives to make its services accessible to all customers, including those with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodations, you can inform the customer service representative when you call or visit a branch.
- Social media: Santander is also active on social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook, where customers can ask questions, report issues, or provide feedback. However, it’s important to note that social media channels may not be secure and should not be used to share personal or account information.
In conclusion, Santander offers a variety of customer service phone numbers and online support options for customers to get help with their accounts and banking needs. Whether you prefer to speak to someone on the phone, chat online, or visit a branch in person, there are several ways to get assistance from Santander. It’s important to keep your personal and account information secure and to let Santander know if you require any accommodations or language support.