How to get to the sea from Rome?
In Rome, you have a great opportunity to combine a beach holiday with a cultural one. Today we will learn how to get to the sea from Rome.
The nearest seaside city to Rome is Ostia. The Romans themselves drive cars to other beaches, but if you don’t show off, then in Ostia you can also enjoy the warm Tyrrhenian Sea.
- Lido Centro – immediately on the square on the right, look for a Carrefour supermarket where you can stock up on wine and prosciutto. Further on foot in the direction of Piazza dei Ravennati – here is the central pier of Ostia, and there are many beaches nearby. I recommend this option to all travelers on a budget.
- Christoforo Colombo – this is where my favorite Shilling beach (La Rotonda) is located, it is paid (12-14 euros / sun lounger rental for the day.) There is also a restaurant and a snack bar on site, so we come here 1-2 times in the summer a week for the whole day. Less people on weekdays. Nearby there are several beaches in the region of 8-10 euros, so those who want to save money can try them. As a result, a day in Schilling for more than two will cost you about 50-100 euros, of which entrance is 24-28 euros, a snack (cocktail, panini sandwich or salad) in a bar is 20 euros, lunch dinner in a restaurant is about 40-50 euros .
So, we buy a metro ticket in Rome for 1.5 euros, it is valid for 100 minutes – this time is enough for us to get there. You get to the Piramide metro station, and then follow the signs to the Porta S. Paolo station and change to the FC2 electric train in the direction of Christoforo Colombo, which runs about once every 15 minutes.
From the outside, the station looks like this:
- Pay attention opposite to the pyramid of Gaius Cestius (Piramide di Caio Cestio)
Travel time to Lido Centro – 30 minutes, to Christoforo Colombo – 37 minutes. In total, with all the transfers, in 1-1.5-2 hours you will find yourself by the sea. Directly from the hotel and faster, in 30 minutes and 50 euros, you can get there by ordering a transfer in Rome from the most reliable Italian in the world, Sergio, on the website ru.rome4.us. Taxi drivers from Rome to Ostia will charge 70-80 euros.
- FC2 line schedule
- Instructions on how to get anywhere in Rome
- Hotel Belvedere – hotel right on the seafront in the center of Ostia, stayed there a few years ago.
- Hotel Ping Pong is a neighboring hotel, in fact, from only two strategically well located. So you can safely consider the option of living from April to October by the sea, and go to Rome for a walk during the day.