Public transport in Dubai is vast, with convenient public transportation options. And the high-tech network that continues to evolve today. Dubai has a modern subway. A unique tram line. Several ports and airports. The most demanded Dubai’s ground transport: metro, buses, and taxis.
Cost of transportation in Dubai
The city divided into seven zones. It determines the cost of the trip. If you buy a silver card, travel will be cheaper.
|Zones||Silver card||Red card|
|Short trip||1.80 AED||2.00 AED|
|Through 1 zone||2.40 AED||2.50 AED|
|2 adjacent areas||4.10 AED||4.50 AED|
|More than 2 zones||5.80 AED||6.50 AED|
The most popular travel pass among tourists is the Red Nol ticket. Please note that when using it. it is important. To deposit money on it through a special machine. Please note that one Red Nol ticket. Can only use for one mode of transport. When traveling on such a pass. You must put on it in advance the amount. That will be enough for you to travel. The ticket must attach to the reader. When entering the transport.
Some tourists prefer the Red Silver Card. Because, compared to the Red Nol ticket, it not limited to 10 trips. The Red Silver Card must attach to a special reader. Before entering the metro or bus. As well as exiting the transport. This done in order to deduct the amount. That you have run over from your travel card. If you do not attach the pass to the reader when exiting the vehicle. Your pass will charge the maximum fare. When you attach the card to your device. You will see your current pass balance. Wait for the device to beep. Or turn on the green light.
Transportation In Dubai Rules
In Dubai, the cost of one trip by metro. Or the bus depends on the number of zones that you pass. There are 5 zones in total. You can calculate the cost of your trip on the RTA website in a special tab. Specifying the departure and arrival stations. The minimum cost of a trip within one zone of 1.80 AED. The maximum cost through several zones 5.80 AED. Dubai city pass
Changes allowed during one trip. Below I attach a table with the transplant rules.
|Short trip (up to-3-km)||Drive inside Zone 1||Travel within 2 adjacent zones||Drive in more than 2 zones|
|Max. duration of trip||90 minutes||180-minutes||180 minutes||180 minutes|
|Max. number of transfers||1||Three||3||3|
Transfer rules apply only to one-way travel. If for some reason you do not pay the fare. Get ready to pay a fine of 200 AED.
Metro in Dubai
Dubai Metro quite a popular form of transport. With its help. You can reach all the main attractions of the city. Shopping centers and the airport. Most of the path’s land based. So you can enjoy the scenic views while driving.
Please note. That each metro station has its own two-digit number. It is not necessary to remember the name of the station. It is enough to know its number. And the color of the branch.
The total length of the metro in Dubai is 74.6 km, of which 13-km are underground. The metro is modern and automated. With no driver’s control.
The metro runs every 10 minutes from 05:50 to 01:00. Please note that on Fridays. The metro only starts running. At 13:00. All metro stations air-conditioned. And have toilets.
Buses in Dubai
The bus public transport network in Dubai called Dubai Bus. Due to the hot climate. Half of the bus stops in the city air-conditioned. The buses air-conditioned. Most of them with low floors. Making life easier for wheelchair users and the disabled. A significant disadvantage of buses. Their low speed in heavy traffic. And the fact that they make large loops. Buses are always late. And it is possible to spend a lot of time waiting for them. There are no dedicated bus lanes. It means you have to stand with everyone in traffic.
Generally, the seats at the front of the bus reserved for women and children. On the bus, if you board a seat reserved for women. You face a fine of 50 AED.
Buses run from around 05:30 to 21:30 every day. A list of routes and their schedule can find on the official website of transport in Dubai.
The Dubai tram line is quite small and consists of only 10.6 km of tracks and 11 stops. In fact, the Dubai tram is the first line outside Europe. To operate from an underground electrical cable network. The tram is one of the safest modes of transport in the world. And connects the Metro, Monorail. And Jumeirah Beach Road.
The Dubai Tram Line is the world’s first platform sliding door network. Designed for the highest level of safety. Temperature control of the air-conditioned. Wi-Fi is available in trams. Fines and rules of conduct on a Dubai tram. Exactly same as on the subway.
Trams run around the city:
- On weekdays – from 06:00 to 01:00;
- On Fridays – 09:00 to 01:00.
Dubai marina water bus. The river buses integrated into Dubai’s public transport system. And will make your stay in the city pleasant different. River trams run on several routes:
- In Dubai Creek along with the Al Seef station – Dubai Old Suok route.
- Along the Dubai Marina area along the following routes. The Marina Walk –Marina Terrace; Marina Mall-Promenade. Marina Walk – Marina Mall.
River trams run every 15 minutes. While the Dubai Creek tram runs. From 07:00 to 22:00. In the Dubai Marina area. From 10:00 to 22:00. The exact opening hours can find on the official website.
Cycling trails, bike parks and bike trails. That are ideal for cycling began. To appear in Dubai. For example, in Al Barsha and Mushrif parks. You can ride the bike paths every day from 08:00 to 22:00. There are bike paths on the Dubai Canal.
In the Creek Park Dubai Cable Car is 2.4 km long. An excellent view of the park. And the city as a whole opens up from a height of 30 meters above sea level. The entrance ticket to the park costs 5 AED. The fare in 2020 25 AED for an adult ticket. And 10 AED for a child. You can buy tickets only. At ticket offices at the stations. Creek Park is open from Saturday to Wednesday. From 08:00 to 23:00. And on Thursdays, Fridays and holidays. From 08:00 to 00:00.
Dubai Trolley (downtown burj dubai tram system). Started offering its services to the public free of charge. coinciding with the arrival of the first trams to Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard, Downtown Dubai, and the Dubai Trolley represents the first hydrogen-powered means of transport, which will provide more facilities and flexibility in the movement of residents and visitors.
The Dubai trolley covers a distance of one kilometre as a first stage between a number of popular destinations, such as Burj Khalifa, The Dubai Mall, Dubai Fountain, Souk Al Bahar and Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard, while the “tram” set to cover a seven-kilometre stretch along Downtown Dubai.
The Dubai Trolley has a capacity of 74 passengers in a two-story carriage, with the possibility of sitting outdoors or in the air-conditioned section.
Taxi in Dubai
There are several nuances. To consider when traveling by Dubai taxi:
- The cream-colored official city taxis. It has a distinctive emblem on the roof of the vehicle.
- Taxi cars can be of different colors.
- Taxi drivers speak English.
- All taxis equipped with meters. The minimum payment 10 AED ($2.72).
- Average price – 2 AED / km ($0.55), price per minute of downtime – 0.5 AED ($0.14). A night taxi is more expensive than a day taxi.
- There is a taxi for women in the city.
- Take a little change with you. Taxi drivers don’t have change even with 100 AED.
If you guaranteed to get at a certain time. For example, to Dubai airport, then as an option. You can order a taxi transfer in advance. From a reliable online company.
Dubai Public Transport Apps
The best Transfer application in Dubai is all you need when you decide to go on a trip to the city of Dubai UAE, using delivery applications you can have a good time.
If you a fan of luxury and sophistication in mobility, DTC application is your best choice, as this application allows its users to book taxis and limousines in an easy, smooth and innovative way, and this done by following simple booking steps that do not require any effort from the users of the application.
Cheapest ride app in Dubai Uber
- Uber is the best delivery app in Dubai, due to its being a big brand in the world of mobility.
- The Uber app has the advantage of the lowest cost of a trip than any other app.
- The Uber Application lets you recognize how long it takes for a trip to take before it starts.
- Uber Dubai offers a wide range of cars throughout Dubai for easy and quick access to the customer.
- At the end of the trip, you can evaluate the driver which helps to improve the quality of service.
Although Suhail not interested in delivering or transporting customers in person to their specific destination, it the best visitor’s guide to travel around the city, as Suhail offers its users the best mass transit routes that can followed using the different modes of transport available in Dubai, such as buses, sea transport, metro, trams, taxis, and even cycling, so this application is the best guide application for all visitors and residents of the emirate.
- Careem Transport is one of the best ride applications in dubai public transport and the UAE due to its specialization in delivery services at the highest level of efficiency.
- Careem established in 2012 and has around 18 offices across the Middle East.
- Customers can enjoy delivery by going to the website or using the Careem app.
- The application features the ability to monitor and track the vehicle used in the process of navigation, which ensures complete security for all customers.
- The application supports GPS to determine the place of departure and access.
- The application allows the user to choose the type of car and know its details and driver data.
- The application offers a pre-booking service for the trip and find out its cost.
- The app allows you to pay either cash or credit cards.
- The application is available in 4 languages (Arabic – English – Turkish – French).
RTA PUBLIC TRANSPORT (RTA) APPLICATION
- The ATR application is one of the important applications for dubai public transport within Dubai.
- The application seeks to provide full support to the city of Dubai and promote its goals in transforming into a smart city.
- The application characterized by being the recipient of many important awards in the field of transportation and therefore you can rely entirely on the application as the best guide in Dubai.
- The app includes 40 services that designed to support the driver and customers.
- The app is free and doesn’t require a download fee, and on top of that simple user interface.
- The application offers its users the possibility to issue its own Nol card and charge it with a balance for easy trips.
- The application ranked as the best delivery application in Dubai, because it can use by smart watches.
- The app is available in 4 languages (Arabic-English-Hindi-Russian).