Umrah is a voluntary pilgrimage that Muslims can perform at any time of the year, except during the Hajj season. It is one of the most rewarding and spiritual acts of worship that a Muslim can do. It involves visiting the holy cities of Mecca and Medina in Saudi Arabia and performing certain rituals, such as circumambulating the Kaaba, walking between the hills of Safa and Marwa, and shaving or cutting the hair. Umrah is a way of expressing devotion, seeking forgiveness, and purifying the soul. It is also a great opportunity to experience the spiritual and historical heritage of Islam.
If you are planning to perform Umrah in 2023, you may be wondering how to choose the best Umrah package from Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi is one of the most convenient and affordable places to book an Umrah package from. There are many travel agencies and websites that offer Umrah packages from Abu Dhabi in 2023. However, not all of them are reliable, trustworthy, and reputable. You need to do some research and compare the reviews and ratings of different providers before making a booking.
In this article, we will provide you with a complete guide on how to choose the best Umrah package from Abu Dhabi in 2023. We will cover the following topics:
- What is Umrah and why is it important for Muslims?
- What are the benefits of booking an Umrah package from Abu Dhabi?
- How to choose the best Umrah package from Abu Dhabi in 2023?
- Where to find the best Umrah packages from Abu Dhabi in 2023?
What is Umrah and Why is it Important for Muslims?
Umrah is a voluntary pilgrimage that Muslims can perform at any time of the year, except during the Hajj season. Hajj is the obligatory pilgrimage that every Muslim who is physically and financially able must perform once in their lifetime. Hajj is performed in the month of Dhul-Hijjah, the last month of the Islamic calendar. The Umrah, on the other hand, can be performed in any month of the year, except during the Hajj season.
Umrah involves visiting the holy cities of Mecca and Medina in Saudi Arabia and performing certain rituals, such as:
- Ihram: This is the state of consecration that a pilgrim enters before performing Umrah. It involves wearing two pieces of white cloth for men and modest clothing for women, abstaining from certain actions, such as cutting the nails, shaving the hair, wearing perfume, hunting, and sexual intercourse, and making the intention and reciting the Talbiyah, which is a prayer that declares the purpose of the pilgrimage.
- Tawaf: This is the act of circumambulating the Kaaba, which is the cubic structure that is the direction of prayer for Muslims. The Kaaba is located in the Masjid al-Haram, the Grand Mosque, in Mecca. The pilgrim must perform seven rounds around the Kaaba, starting and ending at the Black Stone, which is a sacred stone embedded in one of the corners of the Kaaba. The pilgrim must kiss, touch, or point to the Black Stone in each round, if possible, and recite prayers and supplications.
- Sa’i: This is the act of walking between the hills of Safa and Marwa, which are two small hills near the Kaaba. The pilgrim must perform seven trips between the hills, starting from Safa and ending at Marwa. The pilgrim must walk at a normal pace, except for a short distance where they must run, following the example of Hajar, the wife of Prophet Ibrahim, who ran between the hills in search of water for her son Ismail. The pilgrim must recite prayers and supplications during the Sa’i.
- Halq or Taqsir: This is the act of shaving or cutting the hair, which marks the end of the Umrah. Men must shave their heads completely or trim their hair equally, while women must cut a fingertip-length of their hair. This symbolizes the removal of worldly attachments and sins and the renewal of faith and purity.
Umrah is a way of expressing devotion, seeking forgiveness, and purifying the soul. It is also a great opportunity to experience the spiritual and historical heritage of Islam. The pilgrim can visit the sacred sites and landmarks in Mecca and Medina, such as:
- The Cave of Hira: This is the cave where Prophet Muhammad received the first revelation of the Quran from Angel Jibril.
- The Cave of Thawr: This is the cave where Prophet Muhammad and his companion Abu Bakr hid from the enemies during their migration to Medina.
- The Masjid al-Nabawi: This is the mosque that Prophet Muhammad built in Medina and where he is buried.
- The Masjid al-Quba: This is the first mosque that Prophet Muhammad established in Medina.
- The Masjid al-Qiblatain: This is the mosque where Prophet Muhammad received the command to change the direction of prayer from Jerusalem to Mecca.
- The Battlefields of Badr, Uhud, and Khandaq: These are the sites where Prophet Muhammad and his companions fought against the enemies of Islam.
Umrah is a highly recommended and rewarding act of worship that every Muslim should try to perform at least once in their lifetime. The Prophet Muhammad said: “The performers of Hajj and Umrah are guests of Allah. If they ask Him something, He will grant it to them, and if they seek His forgiveness, He will forgive them.”
What are the Benefits of Booking an Umrah Package from Abu Dhabi?
Abu Dhabi is one of the most convenient and affordable places to book an Umrah package from. There are many reasons why you should consider booking an Umrah package from Abu Dhabi, such as:
- You can find a variety of Umrah packages that suit your budget, preferences, and schedule. You can choose from different types of packages, such as Umrah by bus, Umrah by air, or Umrah with visa only. You can also customize your package according to the number of days, the quality of hotels, and the services included. For example, you can book a 5-day Umrah package by air with a 4-star hotel in Mecca and a 3-star hotel in Medina, including visa, breakfast, and transfers, for only AED 2,999 per person. Or you can book a 10-day Umrah package by bus with a 5-star hotel in Mecca and a 4-star hotel in Medina, including visa, breakfast, transfers, and historical tours, for only AED 3,999 per person.
- You can enjoy a hassle-free and comfortable journey to Saudi Arabia. You can avoid the stress of applying for a visa, booking flights, arranging transportation, and finding accommodation on your own. You can also benefit from the guidance and assistance of experienced and professional travel agents who can handle all the details for you. They can help you with the documentation, the itinerary, the check-in, the luggage, the immigration, and the customs. They can also provide you with useful tips and advice on how to perform Umrah, what to wear, what to pack, what to do, and what to avoid. They can also arrange for you to have a group leader, a guide, or a scholar who can accompany you and teach you the rituals and the history of Umrah.
- You can save time and money by booking an Umrah package from Abu Dhabi. You can take advantage of the competitive prices and discounts offered by various travel agencies. You can also save time by traveling from a nearby location, as Abu Dhabi is only about two hours away from Mecca by flight and about 20 hours by bus. You can also save money by traveling in a group, as you can share the costs of transportation, accommodation, and food. You can also benefit from the economies of scale, as you can get better deals and services when you book in bulk.
How to Choose the Best Umrah Package from Abu Dhabi in 2023?
Choosing the best Umrah package from Abu Dhabi in 2023 depends on several factors, such as:
- Your budget: You should compare the prices and features of different Umrah packages and choose the one that offers the best value for your money. You should also consider the hidden costs, such as taxes, fees, and tips, and the payment methods and terms. You should look for packages that include all the essential services, such as visa, flights, transfers, hotels, and breakfast, and avoid packages that have extra charges or hidden fees. You should also look for packages that have flexible payment options, such as installments, credit cards, or cash on delivery, and clear cancellation and refund policies.
- Your preferences: You should decide what kind of Umrah experience you want to have and what kind of amenities you need. You should consider the quality and location of the hotels, the transportation options, the food and beverages, and the extra services, such as historical tours, ziyarat, and guides. You should look for packages that match your standards and expectations, and avoid packages that compromise on quality or convenience. You should also look for packages that have customer reviews and ratings, and feedback from previous travelers, and avoid packages that have negative or no reviews.
- Your schedule: You should choose the Umrah package that fits your availability and convenience. You should consider the duration of the package, the dates of departure and arrival, and the flexibility of the itinerary. You should look for packages that suit your time and schedule, and avoid packages that clash with your work, family, or personal commitments. You should also check the weather and the crowd conditions in Saudi Arabia during your intended period of travel,