Wadi Hanifa Park in Riyadh is a large park that contains many areas suitable for entertainment and spending the most beautiful times because of the abundance of landscapes of trees and a water canal that is always flowing, and Wadi Hanifa is the largest of its kind, and one of the longest open picnic areas with a length of 80 kilometers starting from the north of Prince Salman Road to Al-Hayer in the south.
Location of Wadi Hanifa Diriyah Park
In the northern section of the Riyadh region is located another section of the valley and is called Wadi Hanifa Park in Diriyah, and this section of Wadi Hanifa Riyadh Park is considered one of the most important places in Riyadh where thousands of people come to it because of its cultural and historical importance.
Wadi Hanifa Diriyah Park is characterized by the presence of many important archaeological areas and neighborhoods near it where the heritage of civilization and history meets the beauty of nature in addition to basic recreational services. While there, you can tour the archaeological buildings and see the ancient palace of the House of Saud.
You can access it via Google Maps via this link from here.
Wadi Hanifa Park Working Hours
- Sunday Open 24 hours
- Monday Open 24 hours
- Tuesday Open 24 hours
- Wednesday Open 24 hours
- Thursday Open 24 hours
- Friday Open 24 hours
- Saturday Open 24 hours
Sections of Wadi Hanifa Riyadh Park
Wadi Hanifa Riyadh Park stretching over a period of 80 kilometers not considered a single garden but divided into 5 different parks each with its own characteristics and what distinguishes it from others. These parks are:
- Al-Alab Dam Park: This park is located in the northern section of Riyadh in an area close to Diriyah and is usually a destination for visitors in the period when the weather is mild after the rains where rainwater collects and large bodies of water form. The Cans Dam Park features extensive 5.5-kilometer walking paths and a 2-kilometre sidewalk, making it an ideal place for hikers and hikers.
- Factories Lake Park: The Factories Lake Park is located in an area close to the Stone Dam and its most important feature is the vast 40,000-square-meter lake that you can exploit in addition to the waterways on a pleasant boat trip or just sit on the shores of the lake and enjoy the pleasant atmosphere and family sessions.
- Wadi Hanifa Dam Park: Located east of Riyadh near the Al-Hada neighborhood in Riyadh, the dam one of the most important places in the park where this dam built with the aim of collecting all the water flowing from the northern region. The place has the beauty of the surrounding nature and has a long stone promenade that stretches for approximately 5.6 km making it an ideal place for picnics in nature with family or friends.
- Stone Dam Park: Located in the southern section of Riyadh in an area close to Al-Shifa neighborhood, this dam forms behind it a large lake that extends over an area of about 10,000 square meters surrounded by vast areas of green plains planted with palms and many other trees. You can find many visitors gathered around the dam lake who flock continuously due to the beauty of the surrounding nature and the great tranquility in addition to the footpaths that stretch for 4.5 kilometers.
- Lake Al-Jaza’a Park: Finally, we cannot ignore the park of Lake Al-Jaza’a with a large lake of 35,000 square meters and surrounded by areas planted with a large number of palm trees, this park is located in an area close to the Mansoura neighborhood and contains 5.5 kilometers of pedestrian walkways as well as many family sessions near the lake.
Ticket prices in Wadi Hanifa Park in Riyadh
It is worth mentioning that entry to Wadi Hanifa Park is completely free of charge and does not need to buy any tickets so you can head with your friends or family towards any section of Wadi Hanifa Riyadh Park and enjoy the nature and services there and learn about the heritage and civilization of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia without the need to have a reservation or buy tickets.
The park in Wadi Hanifa is still under development as the government is constantly working to improve services and protect the environment in order to provide a space of green space to create greater breathing spaces for residents, so Wadi Hanifa Riyadh Park is one of the most beautiful places you should visit.
Best Activities in Wadi Hanifa Park in Riyadh
1.Enjoy a tour of the banks of the valley surrounded by the most beautiful natural paintings that capture the eye, delight the soul, and also provides distinctive facilities that allow visitors to spend the most enjoyable times, and you can sit around the lake.
2. The location of Wadi Hanifa Park in Riyadh includes 5 parks inside it, namely the Canal Dam Park, Wadi Hanifa Dam, the Stone Dam, the Factories Lake, and the Gezaa Lake, all of which characterized by charming nature, you can visit them and enjoy all that this valley has of beauty and paper.
3. For football lovers, Wadi Hanifa Park offers you a well-equipped and lit playground, so you can practice your favorite sport, to perform a special match amid the trees and wonderful green spaces.
4. In Wadi Hanifa city of Riyadh enjoy having fun barbecues, with family or with friends as it is one of the most beautiful experiences you can have on this special trip, full of fun and relaxation.
5. Enjoy a pedal ride in the lake in the heart of Wadi Hanifa Park where it offers wonderful views and a fresh breeze, and an atmosphere filled with joy and excitement that will inevitably have all the charm and beauty of nature.
6. Diriyah is one of the most important historical areas in Wadi Hanifa, which consists of three neighborhoods, namely the Turaif neighborhood, which includes the house of the House of Saud surrounded by a tight wall overlooking the city, the neighborhood of Ghusaiba, which is the first capital of the old Diriyah, and finally the distinctive neighborhood of Bujairi, which combines history and modernity.
7. Restaurants in the location of Wadi Hanifa Park in Riyadh, which provide distinctive menus, you will find a wonderful variety in order to satisfy all tastes of the park’s visitors, and take into account the high quality of the food provided.
8. Wadi Hanifa Riyadh Park also includes distinctive cafes, where you can sip a cup of coffee with a taste of excellence that fills this wonderful valley, amidst the picturesque nature.
9. A dedicated children’s play area that carries a lot of joy and pleasure, to complete this special family day, and for each member of the family to get the maximum joy and enjoyment.
Best Hotels Near Wadi Hanifa Riyadh
1- Olaya Hotel Brera: One of the best hotels in Riyadh, which is 19.0 km away, is located 600 meters from Al Faisaliah Tower and offers stunning views of Al Faisaliah Tower, the library and King Fahd Park and offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi, guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant, free private parking is available on site, along with a 24-hour front desk.
2- Uber Hotel Riyadh: It is one of the best hotels in Saudi Arabia in Riyadh, which is 18.0 km from the park, and includes modern rooms individually designed, and also provides free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, and the rooms are equipped with the latest entertainment and comfort such as having a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a minibar and a small seating area, and the suite includes a spa bath in the bathroom, and room service is available 24 hours