As a major city in the state of Florida, Jacksonville is a popular destination for tourists and business travelers alike. With its beautiful beaches, vibrant cultural scene, and proximity to other major cities in the Southeastern United States, it’s no wonder that many people are interested in finding out what cities have direct flights to Jacksonville, FL. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the airlines and destinations that offer nonstop flights to and from Jacksonville International Airport.
Airlines Serving Jacksonville International Airport
Before we dive into the list of cities with direct flights to Jacksonville, it’s important to note which airlines serve the city’s main airport. Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) is home to several major airlines, including:
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Frontier Airlines
- JetBlue Airways
- Southwest Airlines
- United Airlines
These airlines offer a wide range of domestic and international flights, making it easy for travelers to get to and from Jacksonville.
Cities with Direct Flights to Jacksonville
Now that we’ve covered the airlines that serve Jacksonville, let’s take a look at the cities that offer nonstop flights to JAX. As of the time of writing, the following cities have direct flights to Jacksonville:
- Atlanta, GA (ATL) – Delta Air Lines, Southwest Airlines
- Baltimore, MD (BWI) – Southwest Airlines
- Charlotte, NC (CLT) – American Airlines
- Chicago, IL (ORD) – American Airlines, United Airlines
- Cincinnati, OH (CVG) – Frontier Airlines
- Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) – American Airlines
- Denver, CO (DEN) – Frontier Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines
- Detroit, MI (DTW) – Delta Air Lines
- Houston, TX (IAH) – United Airlines
- Las Vegas, NV (LAS) – Frontier Airlines, Southwest Airlines
- Nashville, TN (BNA) – Southwest Airlines
- New York, NY (JFK) – JetBlue Airways
- Newark, NJ (EWR) – United Airlines
- Philadelphia, PA (PHL) – American Airlines
- Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) – Southwest Airlines
- St. Louis, MO (STL) – Southwest Airlines
- Washington, DC (DCA) – American Airlines
- Cancun, Mexico (CUN) – Frontier Airlines
- Toronto, Canada (YYZ) – Air Canada
It’s worth noting that the list of cities with direct flights to Jacksonville is subject to change. Airlines may add or cancel routes based on demand, seasonality, and other factors. Therefore, it’s always a good idea to check with your airline or travel agent to confirm the availability of direct flights to Jacksonville before booking your trip.
Additional Information on Flights to Jacksonville
- Flight Frequency: Direct flights to Jacksonville are available daily, weekly, or seasonally, depending on the demand. It’s important to check the airline’s schedule to ensure the flight operates on the day you plan to travel.
- Flight Duration: The flight duration to Jacksonville varies based on the origin city. For example, a nonstop flight from Atlanta to Jacksonville takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes, while a nonstop flight from Las Vegas to Jacksonville takes about 4 hours and 30 minutes.
- Connecting Flights: If your origin city doesn’t offer a direct flight to Jacksonville, you can still reach the city by taking a connecting flight. Several airlines offer connecting flights to JAX via their hubs, such as Delta Air Lines via Atlanta and American Airlines via Charlotte.
- Seasonal Flights: During peak travel season, airlines may offer seasonal flights to Jacksonville from additional cities. For example, Southwest Airlines offers seasonal flights to JAX from Buffalo, NY; Cleveland, OH; and Milwaukee, WI during the winter months.
- Airport Parking: Jacksonville International Airport offers several parking options, including hourly, daily, and economy parking. The airport also has a cell phone lot where drivers can wait for arriving passengers.
- Ground Transportation: Once you arrive at Jacksonville International Airport, you can take a taxi, Uber, Lyft, or rental car to your final destination. The airport also offers shuttle services and public transportation options, such as the city bus and shuttle services to nearby hotels.
Jacksonville International Airport is a well-connected airport with nonstop flights to many major cities in the United States and a few international destinations. With several major airlines serving the airport, travelers have a wide range of options for getting to and from Jacksonville. Whether you’re planning a beach vacation, a business trip, or a visit to family and friends, there’s likely a direct flight to Jacksonville that will meet your needs. It’s important to check the airline’s schedule and confirm the availability of direct flights to Jacksonville before booking your trip. Additionally, the airport offers several parking and ground transportation options to make your travel experience more convenient.