Budapest, the capital city of Hungary, is a popular destination for travelers from around the world. Known for its stunning architecture, rich culture, and vibrant nightlife, Budapest has something to offer for everyone. For those traveling from the United States, there are several U.S. cities that offer direct flights to Budapest. In this article, we will explore these cities in more detail, provide additional information on the airlines that offer direct flights to Budapest, and offer tips for getting the best price on flights.
New York City is one of the major U.S. cities that offer direct flights to Budapest. Delta Airlines and LOT Polish Airlines offer non-stop flights from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport. The flight time is approximately 9-10 hours, making it a convenient option for travelers. New York City is known for its iconic landmarks, world-class museums, and diverse culinary scene, making it an exciting place to visit before heading to Budapest.
Chicago, the third-largest city in the U.S., also offers direct flights to Budapest. LOT Polish Airlines offers non-stop flights from O’Hare International Airport (ORD) to Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport. The flight time is approximately 9-10 hours, making it a convenient option for travelers. Chicago is known for its world-class museums, including the Art Institute of Chicago and the Field Museum, as well as its excellent dining scene and sports events.
Miami, a major city in Florida, offers non-stop flights to Budapest. American Airlines offers direct flights from Miami International Airport (MIA) to Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport. The flight time is approximately 11-12 hours, making it a longer but still convenient option for travelers. Miami is known for its beautiful beaches, vibrant nightlife, and Latin American culture.
Philadelphia, a major city in Pennsylvania, offers non-stop flights to Budapest. American Airlines offers direct flights from Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) to Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport. The flight time is approximately 9-10 hours, making it a convenient option for travelers. Philadelphia is known for its historic landmarks, including Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, as well as its thriving arts and culture scene.
In addition to the above cities, there are several other U.S. cities that offer indirect flights to Budapest with one or more stops. These cities include Washington D.C., Boston, and more. Airlines that offer indirect flights to Budapest from the U.S. include Air France, KLM, and more.
Airlines that offer Direct Flights to Budapest
- Delta Airlines: Delta Airlines is a major U.S. airline and offers direct flights to Budapest from New York City.
- LOT Polish Airlines: LOT Polish Airlines is the national airline of Poland and offers direct flights to Budapest from New York City and Chicago.
- American Airlines: American Airlines is a major U.S. airline and offers direct flights to Budapest from Miami and Philadelphia.
Tips for Getting the Best Price on Flights to Budapest
- Book in advance: Booking your ticket well in advance can help you secure lower fares. Typically, airlines release their schedules about 11 months in advance, so keep an eye out for deals and book early.
- Use fare comparison sites: Use fare comparison sites like Kayak, Skyscanner, and Google Flights to compare fares across different airlines and dates. These sites can help you identify the cheapest flights to your destination.
- Be flexible with your travel dates: Being flexible with your travel dates can help you find the best deals. Flights on weekdays are generally cheaper than those on weekends, so consider traveling midweek.
- Consider alternative airports: If you are traveling from a city with multiple airports, consider departing from a different airport than your usual one. This could help you find cheaper fares.
- Sign up for airline newsletters: Sign up for airline newsletters to stay updated on special deals and promotions. These newsletters often offer exclusive discounts on flights to various destinations, including Budapest.
- Use airline rewards programs: If you frequently travel with a particular airline, sign up for their rewards program. You can earn points with each flight and redeem them for free flights or upgrades.
- Book during low season: Traveling during low season can help you find cheaper flights to Budapest. The low season in Budapest is typically from November to March when the weather is colder.
- Book a package deal: Booking a package deal that includes flights, accommodation, and activities can be a great way to save money on your trip to Budapest. Many travel companies offer package deals that can help you save money on your overall trip.
- Use credit card rewards: Many credit cards offer rewards programs that allow you to earn points or miles that can be used to book flights. By using your credit card for everyday purchases, you can accumulate points that can be used to offset the cost of your flight to Budapest.
Things to Do in Budapest
Once you arrive in Budapest, there are many things to see and do. Some of the popular tourist attractions in Budapest include:
- Buda Castle: Buda Castle is a historic castle located on a hill in the Buda district of Budapest.
- Fisherman’s Bastion: Fisherman’s Bastion is a neo-Gothic terrace located in the Buda Castle district of Budapest.
- Chain Bridge: Chain Bridge is a suspension bridge that connects Buda and Pest across the Danube River.
- Hungarian Parliament Building: The Hungarian Parliament Building is a stunning example of Gothic Revival architecture and is located on the banks of the Danube River.
- St. Stephen’s Basilica: St. Stephen’s Basilica is a beautiful Catholic basilica located in the heart of Budapest.
- Széchenyi Thermal Bath: Széchenyi Thermal Bath is one of the largest thermal bath complexes in Europe and is located in City Park.
- Danube River Cruise: A Danube River cruise is a great way to see the city from a different perspective and take in the stunning architecture along the riverbank.
- Heroes’ Square: Heroes’ Square is a large public square that features statues of Hungary’s greatest leaders and is located in City Park.
- Vajdahunyad Castle: Vajdahunyad Castle is a beautiful castle located in City Park and features a mix of architectural styles.
- Great Market Hall: The Great Market Hall is a large indoor market that sells a wide variety of Hungarian foods and souvenirs.
Budapest is a city that offers something for everyone, from its stunning architecture and rich culture to its vibrant nightlife and thermal baths. With its direct flights from major U.S. cities such as New York City, Chicago, Miami, and Philadelphia, it has become increasingly easy to reach Budapest from the U.S. By following the tips mentioned in this article, you can get the best deals on airfare and make your trip to Budapest more affordable. When you arrive, you will be greeted with a city that is steeped in history and culture, with plenty of things to see and do. So why not start planning your trip today and experience the beauty of Budapest for yourself?