Riyadh Zoo is an African jungle on the territory of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, where it contains many animals of different types and nationalities, which come from different continents of the world, as well as the rarest types of animals, most of which are close to extinction One of the best parks in Saudi Arabia that attracts many people.
Riyadh Zoo Location
Located in the heart of Malaz and east of Al-Ahsa Street in the capital of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh Zoo is a great place to spend time with kids, family and friends, and it doesn’t take almost 2 to 3 hours to cover everything on your visit to the zoo.
Inside the zoo, there are many animals and birds available at the Riyadh Zoo, namely lions, African elephants, Bengal tigers, zebras, flamingos, camels, foxes, giraffes, crocodiles, snakes, port seals, leopards, llamas, horns, rhinos, colorful parrots and many different species.
Riyadh Zoo Opening Hours
Visiting the Riyadh Zoo in Malaz district from Monday to Thursday from 8.30 am to 12 pm and from 1 pm to 6 pm, while on Friday, the park opens its doors from one pm on Friday until 6 pm, as for the times of visiting the zoo in Riyadh on Saturday, it is from 9 am to 12 pm, then from one midafternoon until six in the evening.
Friday: Families only (after Friday prayers).
Saturday: Families only (from 8:30 am to Maghrib prayer).
Sunday: Closed for maintenance.
Monday: Men (afternoon at 1 pm) and students (8:30 am).
Tuesday: Families (1 pm) and female students (8:30 am).
Wednesday: Men (afternoon at 1 pm) and students (8:30 am).
Thursday: Families (afternoon at 1pm) and female students (8:30am am).
Riyadh Zoo Ticket Price
Riyadh Zoo tickets priced on TicketMix as follows:
• Entrance ticket price to the park: 10 SAR.
• Entry ticket price for children from 3 to 10 years old: 5 SAR.
Steps to book tickets for the zoo in Riyadh
Tickets for the zoo in Riyadh booked electronically, through the TicketMix website, which specializes in booking tickets for events in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and the steps for booking tickets as follows.
The first step is to enter the TicketMix platform (click here).
Second Step, click on the “Riyadh Zoo” event.
Step Three Read the terms and conditions of the park.
Zoo Animal Species
Riyadh Park currently contains aboutforty species of animals, including bears, tigers, lions, monkeys, camels, elephants, eagles, deer, and many other animal species, but what attracts great attention is the course by train in order to make a complete tourist trip through the zoo.
Many schools and other organizations organize excursions to the zoo in Riyadh for children in order to teach them many important information about the life of living beings on the ground, and it should be noted that the temperature in Riyadh in the summer very hot
Types of animals displayed in Riyadh Zoo
Riyadh Zoo has approximately 1,500 animals in and as many as 196 different species of animals and birds that briefly described in the table and list below.
Many people complain that there is not enough information about the animals in the Riyadh Zoo, so we have provided you with some features about the animals that exist.
- Dangerous animals: lions, tigers, leopards, leopards, rhinos, hippos.
- Large animals: elephants, giraffes, camels, oryx, llamas.
- Small animals: monkeys, wallabies, raccoons, chimpanzees, turtles.
- Birds: owls, parrots, flamingos, swans, eagles.
- Reptiles: snakes and crocodiles.
Basic facilities for visitors at Riyadh Zoo
- There is an educational cinema in the zoo.
- In addition to the presence of a Roman square to provide entertainment and educational shows.
- There is also a children’s entertainment area with many games.
- You can rent a stroller or chair for a small fee.
- There are dedicated prayer halls made up of wooden buildings completely carpeted.
- There are stalls inside the park for snacks, drinks, sandwiches, ice cream, etc.
- In addition to the presence of many souvenir shops, and Momentos.
- A café serving hot drinks, and a grill restaurant serving hot cooked food.
- There are toilets that are very clean and well maintained.
- In addition to the presence of a large parking lot for visitors to Riyadh Zoo.
- Malaz Polyclinic is located next to Riyadh Zoo.
Activities in Riyadh Zoo Riyadh Zoo
There are many activities to do inside the zoo in Riyadh, which is one of the best entertainment places in Riyadh, and they are as follows: 1- Train trip:
The train trip for about 20 minutes inside the Riyadh Zoo covers a good part of the park and considered among the most prominent entertainment activities for children.
2- Watching flamingos: When you enter, the flamingo birds will greet you at the gates of the park, where large numbers of these beautiful birds live in their free world and represent a real attraction for the Riyadh Zoo.
3- Hiking in the green spaces: The garden has been prepared and coordinated with the utmost beauty and precision, so that wonderful landscapes of green grass, trees and various plants available. In addition to the flooring of animals that suit their natural environment perfectly. Riyadh Zoo also offers prayer halls, toilets, restaurants and small cafes.
4-Endangered animal watching: Most animals grouped based on their geographical origin. Examples include kangaroos, emus and the Bengal tiger, which are classified as endangered species.
5-Rare bird watching: The zoo in Riyadh also houses about 80 species of birds, including the squid, which is almost extinct in the wilderness of Saudi Arabia. The best time to visit the zoo is during the winter because during the summer, most animals prefer to stay inside their huts due to the high temperatures.