The best time to visit Las Vegas. The last week of April through the second week of May. Pools are open, and the Spring Break crowds have left. But the summer crowds haven’t taken a stay by the pool. The weather perfect for reading a book. And working on a tan while you relax with a poolside cocktail.
Weather in Las Vegas
Las Vegas has a warm climate with hot summers and cool, but not cold winters. For most people, most of their time in Las Vegas spent in doors, gambling, shopping. Or dining, but pool parties part of the Vegas experience. For better pool weather, visit in early spring or fall. Temperatures in Vegas exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit (ca. 38 °C). But rarely drop below 40 degrees Fahrenheit (4.44 °C).
The right month to visit Las Vegas
January in Las Vegas
January kicks off with New Year’s festivals and time to visit. Then continues to progress with football fans over the weekend. The colder months look best for midweek travellers. And from the first week of the month, special room deals can found. You should know that convention season starts. In a big way after the first week in January. So prepared for many business travellers. Temperatures mild, in the mid-fifties.
February in Las Vegas
February is mild and sunny. After all, Las Vegas gets about 300 days of sunshine a year. You may not be relaxing by the pool. The temperatures are warm enough for golfing. And other outdoor activities.
Events to check out
- Super Bowl weekend popular in Las Vegas. Expect big show parties and nightclubs packed with famous guests!
- Book early if you’re planning to head to Vegas for Valentine’s Day. Hotel rates can go up.
March in Las Vegas
The highest daily temperature in Las Vegas was 20 ° C in March 2020. While the minimum temperature at night dropped to 7 ° C. Average daytime and nighttime temperatures during March are 15 ° C and 12 ° C.
Events to check out
NASCAR comes to Vegas in early March. To attend the Monster Energy NASCAR series.
Thousands come to Vegas every March to bet. The NCAA March Madness Basketball Championship.
ِApril in Las Vegas
April in Las Vegas has great weather. But it’s one of our least favorite times to visit. What for? Crowds. April is spring break, which means the pools. Shops, casinos and restaurants packed with people.
Events to check
- Las Vegas 51s The city’s Minor League baseball team typically begins their season in early April. Games are hosted by Cashman Field.
- March Madness The NCAA basketball tournament runs until April. Find your favorite sports book and place a bet!
May in Las Vegas
Summer in Vegas begins in May. The pools kick off Memorial Day parties. And celebrations throughout the month. May is ideal golf weather, with temperatures typically in the 80s Fahrenheit. This is also the month when it regularly becomes “pool weather”. If you can, go early in the month before the kids start leaving school for the summer.
Events to check
- The Las Vegas Science and Technology Festival a free event held in late April or May. Typically, it offers free hidden access to some of Vegas. coolest spots, such as the Bellagio Fountains or Mandalay Bay Shark Reef.
- The Kentucky Derby will take place on the first Saturday in May. Although the race is held at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky, it’s a big day for Vegas players.
June in Las Vegas
As children get out of school, June is full pool weather with averages in low Fahrenheit. However, evenings are perfect for walking the Las Vegas strip. The crowd may be slightly higher this month as the kids are out of school. With temperatures averaging 100 degrees Fahrenheit (ca. 38 °C).
July in Las Vegas
July is the best time of the year. But it’s one of the best months to find deals. The pools will pack with all kinds of visitors. From families to party-goers. There’s no shortage of mini swimwear or special cocktail specials. If you don’t mind the heat or the crowds. July is an enjoyable time of year to visit.
Events to check
- The World Series of Poker usually hosts the Big One on One Drop in July. Limited to 48 players, this $ 1 million buy-in is poker’s most charitable initiative.
- Rio’s hostels are an annual Star Trek convention , a longstanding event that hosts fans and many celebrities.
August in Las Vegas
It feels warm in August even though the weather is quite similar to July. Temperatures are still triple-digit in August, but now is the time to find a refreshing pool with shaded changing rooms. The crowd dies at the end of the month as the children return to school.
September in Las Vegas
If you don’t have kids, this is the best time to visit Las Vegas. Children are no longer in the pool. But the temperature is perfect for long days. With a drink in hand and body in the water.
Events to check
- The Burning Man. The most popular event on the Vegas subway. It takes place over several days in early September. More than 50,000 people visit.
- The Las Vegas Greek Food Festival has been running for over 45 years. It only costs a few dollars to enter St. John’s Greek Orthodox Church and lets you sample tons of delicious Greek food.
October in Las Vegas
This October might be a bit of a crazy month in Las Vegas. But October still has some great pool days and the weather is starting to look like an interpretation of the Las Vegas fall. Don’t expect any major changes if you don’t go to the Bellagio Gardens.
Events to check
- Las Vegas Food and Wine Festival. Featuring delicious food from the best Vegas chefs and tasting the finest wines. Held in early October.
- Art in a Park in Boulder City. A two-day festival that showcases the work of over 300 artists. More than 100,000 visitors attend.
November in Las Vegas
Temperatures drop in Vegas during the fall. So you can enjoy many outdoor activities. Most Strip visitors will want to spend time in doors. Fortunate, there is no shortage of activities. And activities to keep you busy.
Events to check
- If you love wine, don’t miss the Lee Discounted Wine Experience hosted. At the UNLV Thomas and Mac Center. The event features over 1000 wines from all over the world.
December in Las Vegas
The weather is all relative. You are experiencing harsh winters in your hometown. You will be happy to know the December weather in Las Vegas. Not at all something to worried about. You will be able to walk outside. You can be sure that your snowshoes will not have to travel with you.
Events to check out
- New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas. One of the biggest celebrations in the world, after New York City. Half a million people flock to the strip to celebrate.
Beach season in Las Vegas
The best season for a beach holiday can be considered. April, May, June, July, August, September, October. Since the water is already warm enough. And you can swim. But, it is worth noting that the opening of the beach and swimming season falls in March, and the end – in November. Since in these months, the sun is usually enough for a beautiful tan. And the most seasoned ones swim and swim.
Thus, the beach season in Las Vegas lasts from March to November. That is, 9 months.
When is the best time to go to Las Vegas with your child?
If you traveling to Las Vegas with children. And planning a beach holiday, then the best time to travel. April, May, June, July, August, September, October. The water is well warmed up. And the sun is warm and gentle. If the vacation falls in July, August. Then it better to swim and sunbathe in the morning or in the evening. And in the daytime to be in the hotel.
For outdoor sightseeing. The best time will be January, February, March, April, November. But from January, February, March, November to December. It is better to go to Las Vegas with a child only if you focused on visiting theaters or museums. The climate not very conducive. To walk in the open air.
High season in Las Vegas
High season and the best time to visit Las Vegas. January, February, March, April, November. The best months for sightseeing. If you plan to visit museums. And comfortable with the vagaries of the weather. Then it better and cheaper to visit Las Vegas. At other times of the year.
Low season in Las Vegas
The low season and the best time to visit Las Vegas in Las Vegas. May, June, July, August, September, October, December. While sunbathing. And swimming is unlikely to be possible this time of year. A trip to Las Vegas during the low season a great opportunity. To see the sights without spending a lot of money.
Temperature of water and air by months
|Average air temperature||Day air temperature||Air temperature at night||Water temperature|
|jan.||7 C °||13 C °||0 C °||–|
|Feb||9 C °||16 C °||2 C °||–|
|March||12 C °||20 C °||5 C °||–|
|Apr||16 C °||24 C °||9 C °||–|
|May||22 C °||30 C °||14 C °||–|
|June||27 C °||35 C °||18 C °||–|
|July||30 C °||39 C °||22 C °||–|
|Aug||29 C °||37 C °||21 C °||–|
|Sep||25 C °||33 C °||17 C °||–|
|oct.||18 C °||26 C °||10 C °||–|
|nov.||11 C °||19 C °||4 C °||–|
|Dec||7 C °||13 C °||0 C °||–|
Precipitation, air humidity and daylight hours by months
|Precipitation||Rainy days||Air humidity||Dawn||Sunset||Average daylight hours|
|jan.||22 mm||–||45%||06:49||16:50||11 h|
|Feb||25 mm||–||44%||06:27||17:20||11 h|
|March||18 mm||–||34%||06:32||18:30||12 h|
|Apr||9 mm||–||25%||06:06||19:14||14 h|
|May||5 mm||–||20%||05:34||19:39||15 h|
|June||3 mm||–||16%||05:23||19:58||15 h|
|July||16 mm||–||21%||05:35||19:55||15 h|
|Aug||14 mm||–||23%||05:59||19:28||14 h|
|Sep||11 mm||–||23%||06:22||18:46||13 h|
|oct.||10 mm||–||28%||06:48||18:03||12 h|
|nov.||14 mm||–||36%||06:21||16:37||11 h|
|Dec||19 mm||–||44%||06:43||16:28||10 h|
Is the climate in Las Vegas dry or humid?
The average annual rainfall in Las Vegas is 173 mm. This type of climate can be classified as dry.
Must-sees while vacationing in Las Vegas
- Visit the Hoover Dam, a unique concrete structure It blocks the Colorado River. The dam is of particular historical importance to Las Vegas and, in addition, is considered one of the largest in the world.
- Walk along the most popular street in the Strip. There are countless casinos, bars, restaurants, luxury hotels, and nightclubs here. The street is considered the heart of Las Vegas.
- Visit the extraordinary Nuclear Testing Museum
- Ride the famous High Roller, nearly 170 meters high.
- You can take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city by walking hiking trails in the Springs Nature Reserve. On the territory of the reserve, there is a botanical garden, various exhibitions are held, and you can also meet wild animals.
- Lovers of beautiful landscapes will be delighted with a visit to Lake Mead – desert expanses, hills, and deep blue water.
- Be sure to take a guided tour of Red Rock Canyon, a national park in the Mojave Desert. A walk in the park will take you into the world of Hollywood cowboy westerns.
Things to watch out for when vacationing in Las Vegas
Las Vegas is primarily known for its gambling entertainment. Currently, over 120 casinos are open in the city. Due to the high competition, gambling houses are not only machines, poker and roulette tables, but also special decorations, atmosphere, exclusive show programs, buffets.
For example, the famous Bellagio Hotel & Casino is famous for its singing fountains. At the entrance to the Luxor Casino, you will be greeted by a huge statue of the Sphinx, and the building itself is built in the form of a pyramid. It is worth highlighting the MGM Grand hotel and entertainment complex, on the territory of which there is one of the largest hotels in the world and a huge casino, as well as an aviary with live lions. The uniqueness of the Wynn casino in the “lake of dreams” is a show of illumination on the surface of an artificial lake. Visiting the New York Hotel Casino, you seem to mentally find yourself in New York: here the Statue of Liberty, and the recognizable skyscrapers of Manhattan, and the Brooklyn Bridge. Also within the walls of the casino, the Cirque du Soleil often gives performances.
In addition to casinos, Las Vegas County is home to many national parks. The Grand Canyon Park is definitely worth a visit. At your choice, you can explore the sights of the canyon on your own or take a walking or boat tour. Also in the park you can be offered horseback riding and helicopter flights. The most popular places among tourists are observation decks. You can admire the local landscape, for example, from the observation deck with a transparent Skywalk floor. Another favorite tourist attraction, the Sky Trail, is the glass bridge over one kilometer high.